Top positive review
43 people found this helpful
WILDLIFE OF KENYA, TANZANIA AND UGANDA 2006
on 2 December 2007
This small book with 248 pages deals with photography in the first few pages. Explains lenses you need, cameras, exposure,lighting and posture to take pictures of moving subjects. Covers over 475 commonly-seen species including birds, mammals, reptiles, invertebrates and plants. Each species is illustrated with a full-colour photograph and features a detailed description. It is written by wildlife experts with extensive knowledge of the area.
Then the book moves on to beautiful photos of birds. The pictures are on the right pages and writing on the left pages. Nearly the 2/3 rd of the book is on birds of East Africa, which has nearly 500 different birds. Then the book explains in similar fashion about mammals, reptiles, flowers and trees.
It is an excellent book to take with you on safari to Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. The size of the book is just right for travel.
Having born in Kenya and travel there on safari frequently, I would reccomend this book, so that you may enjoy and spot the wildlife easily. Your guide/driver will also show you the wildlife. Other small books with similar theme are:-
(1) Birds of East Africa, Dave Richards 1995 (2000)
(2) Mammals of central and East Africa, Chris and Tilde Stuart 1992 (2001)
(3) The Beautiful Plants of Kenya, John Karmali 1988 (1993)
(4) Collins Birds of Eastern Africa, Ber Van Perlo 1995
(5) The Wild Flowers of Kenya, Michael Blundell 1982
(6) The Lion and the Lily( A Guide to Kenya), Kenneth Bolton 1962
Read and ENJOY.