on 22 October 2009
Needed this for my first assignment in my Sociology class as part of my Access to Nursing course and rather than borrow it from the library constantly I decided to buy it as it became obvious it was something we would need the full course and that it might come in handy for university. It's a good book and I certainly highly recommend it but the downside it's bulky and heavy to carry around especially when you have folders and other books, it's a shame they do not do a smaller compact version!
on 3 March 2012
This book has been around for decades and I know many people who have got excellent A levels from reading this book alone. I also know quite a few people who got a sociology degree (albeit a pass) through reading this book!

The best advanced sociology text book around.

This book helped me, as a troubled teenager, to understand the world around me and the things that had happened to me and my family. It spurred me on to higher education. I can safely say it changed my life for the better.
on 5 November 2015
Very good book for quick reference and a nice, simple explanation of key concepts and standpoints.

Didn't like the column layout and font size, which I found difficult to read at times, and it just looked tiring due to the text density on the pages.

Recommend for newcomers to sociology, but I didn't dare use it beyond that. I referenced it in my first ever sociology essay at uni and my tutor almost slapped me. Told me to use it as a pointer to other, more respected sources.
on 9 February 2012
A book review is what the book has in its contents, not the condition, like some people assume; or C Miller's review on what he thinks sociology is or is not, "he is studying pop-up-bookology, which is more his forte". If you are studying sociology in any shape or form this book is a must. The book is well layed out and the case studies and different perspectives are all there for the taking. A real must at any undergraduate level.
on 4 February 2010
Arrived in great condition, on time. A good book for any one kearning the basics of sociology.
on 1 September 2014
Extremely helpful during my sociology of education module in my first year. Recommended by my lecturer and I can see why. This book is a must have if you missed A level sociology and have modules covering sociology in your undergraduate study. I have sold a few books from my first year but will be hanging onto this one until my degree is complete!
on 5 August 2010
This book provides a very good overview of the various positions within Sociology. This source is worthwhile in terms of receiving succinct definitions on the sociological theories and perspectives. It is also extremely beneficial particularly for enhancing additional background reading.
on 9 November 2010
i was advised by my college tutor to get this book as i intend doing sociology at uni next year too. i find it to be really understandable and helpful. it is up to date with information and covers all content that i need. it is an excellant book.
on 19 May 2015
Great book, must have for students. It gives you good understanding and background history of theorists. This shows basic examples, which displays how you would apply this to your work. I would recommend this to others
on 24 August 2011
This is an excellent sociology book for students and anybody who has an interest in the subject. Very clear and easy to read, and covers a lot of subjects. I found it very helpful when writing my essays at university.