5.0 out of 5 stars Bellyache material
I loved this book, the funniest childhood memoir I have read apart from the first Clive James and George Melly's childhood autobiography. The added bonus for me is the nostalgic references to Hinton's supermarkets, Lowcock's lemonade etc; I grew up in nearby Stockton in the seventies, the painted haversacks were a our school too - give youself a laugh and buy it.
Published on 26 July 2007 by Mr. A. J. Watson

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
An easy and occasionally amusing read.
Published 1 month ago by Nigel Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Bellyache material, 26 July 2007
Mr. A. J. Watson "adrianw259" (Huddersfield UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining, if surreal, read...., 12 Sep 2006
This review is from: Me: Moir, Vol. 1 (Hardcover)
Me: Moir is a lively, quick-paced and amusing jaunt through the first twenty years in the life of the Author. If you appreciate Vic Reeves' unique, surreal, off-the-wall brand of humour, there is much to enjoy in this book.

Vic Reeves' family life, friendships, succession of bizarre part-time jobs, music career and precarious early relationships with the opposite sex are all revisited with a mixture of fondness and bemusement. Even those anecdotes, which are relatively mundane and everyday are recounted with such wit and necessary comic embellishment that they rarely fail to entertain.

Reeves' increasing devotion to fashion and contemporary music, ranging from obscure, early seventies rock bands through to his punk 'conversion' in 1977 form the backcloth to the second half of the book. It is quite possible that anyone who doesn't share the author's penchant for such noble pursuits may find this section of the book a tad esoteric and of less interest.

In addition, the book's subject period does not cover his first meeting with comic partner Bob Mortimer nor, indeed his decision to pursue a career as the 'North's top light entertainer'. Such matters have, no doubt, been held back for some future tome.

Nevertheless, 'Me: Moir' is a very human book, a delight to read and provides an insight into the origins and formation of a unique comic talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Iranu indeed, 18 Oct 2007
Mr. M. Broad "Matt Broad" (WEYMOUTH, Dorset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is genuinely laugh out loud funny,self deprecating in places and quite revealing also.It's very well written unlike a lot of comedians biographies and if you enjoy Reeves use of the English Language then you will love this.And hopefully it will be a case "you wouldn't let it lie" therefore guaranteeing a sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars It wasn't all furze cutting and feeding baby lambs!, 26 Aug 2007
Bodhi Jooth (The Sheaf Field (Steel City)) - See all my reviews
After much discussion and thought I had decided that I no longer received enjoyment from reading as a passtime. Until I read Me:moir. It has restored my faith that there are books out there that can make me laugh out loud and allow me to read with ease. This IS a funny book - if you find this style funny. Its endearing if you are that way inclined and it leaves you checking on Amazon for the next installment if you found it interesting. I am quite well aware that this book is not for everyone so here is the rub. Open the book at random, read a paragraph or two and if you think 'Genius' purchase and peruse from page one because the whole book is like that. If, however, you find your face contorted and your brain aching so much that the only syllable it can produce is 'Eh?' then, sadly (for you but not for me) you are not unique enough to give this book an audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars really enjoyed it, 14 Jun 2013
I remember seeing Vic on for the first time on TV back in the early days of Big Night Out. I thought he was fantastic. This is his early days growing up in the north. Being from nearby Hartlepool, I can relate to a lot of the minor points that he brings up about his early years growing up. The book is Vic Reeves: the way it is told is just like he is speaking his story to you. It captures his 'voice' really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't let it lieeeeeee!, 14 Mar 2012
Length:: 1:50 Mins

This is a quick 'filmed' review after finishing 'Me Moir' by Vic Reeves. It was brilliant and I am going to miss dipping into it with my morning cup of tea which is where I read it each day. (In bed, not in the cup).

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and endearing, 13 Aug 2014
I've always been a fan of Vic Reeves - from Big Night Out to Shooting Stars. I hadn't heard of this book but it came up in my suggestions. I would highly recommend it even if you aren't a fan of Reeves. A lovely book retailing stories of a simpler time gone by. I look forward to Volume 2..

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent and Charming and So So Funny!, 4 April 2008
Michelle Carline "~*Mickie *~" (Doncaster, South Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Me: Moir, Vol. 1 (Hardcover)
I have JUST finished reading Vic Reeves brilliant Biography called "Me: Moir: Volume One"

It's Jim Moir (Vic Reeves) from birth to 20 and is full of fun, laughter, fun, laughter, the odd bit of sadness and pathos. And if you're 35+ you will find things sprinkled throughout this brilliant book that will trigger memories of your own childhood. It is well written with inteligence and charm. I found him to be very honest about his childhood, teens and early adulthood, but it's not out to shock, nor is it smutty...only a little rude in places lol

I first saw the book in Smiths, picked it up and read the first paragraph of the first page and had tears rolling down my eyes and I decided when I had the cash I would buy it!

It is a laugh-out-loud book of joy! If you're a fan..go read it, you'll love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moir has no equal, 18 May 2006
This review is from: Me: Moir, Vol. 1 (Hardcover)
As welcome as an ice cold Lilt after an hour or two on father's bullworker, this stunning volume tells us all about the young Roddy Moir.

Buy it - it's the ultimate self-help and personal development tool.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 23 Oct 2014
An easy and occasionally amusing read.

Me: Moir
Me: Moir by Vic Reeves (Audio CD - 4 Jun 2007)
Used & New from: £5.10