5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Exciting. A Real Page Turner
My eight year old daughter chose this as the book she wanted to take on holiday with us for bed time reading. Her teacher is reading it to her class at school and she wanted to know what happened while she was away. I have to say I was dubious to start with, but was as hooked as she was after a couple of chapters.

It's a very well written, incredibly fast...
Published on 24 April 2008 by Mrs. K. A. Wheatley

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun to read, but that's about it
I've heard so much about these books that I was decidedly nervous when it came to actually reading them. The promises had been huge. Far too huge in fact. As things are, 'Skulduggery Pleasant' was good fun to read. The characters were engaging and I enjoyed their rather flippant conversation and shenanigans. The actual world building all felt very familiar, essentially...
Published 23 months ago by J. Gardner

‹ Previous | 122 23 2429 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars We knew book was used, however it had been ..., 5 July 2014
This review is from: Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant - book 1) (Paperback)
We knew book was used, however it had been written in inside, a couple of pages were torn and the outside had been covered in pink highlighter. But for the price and purpose it was ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now., 10 Mar. 2015
Do not hesitate to buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars a super mega awesome incredible book of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 23 Sept. 2008
A Kid's Review
I thought it was an incredible book because of the vocabulary, the adventure. I really liked the main character and can't wait to read the second book!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for kids and adults alike, 28 Jun. 2014
Just started the series and this has got me and my son hooked on the world of Mr Pleasant. Well paced and exciting overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Sept. 2014
Daughter liked reading this.

5.0 out of 5 stars present, 19 Dec. 2014
my son thought it was great

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely amazing book, 13 Aug. 2014
I was blown away with this book!!! Since I had read Harry Potter I didn't think there was a better book, but here I am writing a review on what I think is the best book in the world!! Through out the series these books got better and better its mind-blowing.
These books have humor, excitement, action, charm and everything that you'd want in a book! No-one could stop me from burying my head into them. Long after I'd been sent to bed I'd still be reading this late at night after my parents were asleep.
The characters were so intresting and I adored the sarcasm that was used from Skulduggery and others. The book used a range of fantastic vocabulary that was great for being introduced a load of new words.
Overall I loved these books so so much and it has inspired me to write a book of my own. Now I'm going to finish this review because I want to continue reading No. 8 of the series!

-The Reading Monkey

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Oct. 2014
Thoroughly enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars scary but excellent!, 11 Jun. 2008
5 star*****
dont miss it!
once i read one page i always wanted to read the next
ITS SPOOOOOOOOKY!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars book, 11 Mar. 2013
i read this book and did like it but a bite hard going will read more of these books i will.

‹ Previous | 122 23 2429 | Next ›

Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant - book 1)
Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant - book 1) by Derek Landy (Paperback - 31 Mar. 2007)