Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 September 2013
!delighted with this book, great quality n a great 'read' for a cook book. I can hear his voice narrating as I read. Practical recipes.
on 1 May 2014
Great imaginative recipes and excellent use of food combinations. I have enjoyed watching all of Nigel's programmes on the television.
on 2 December 2006
Someone said it was a bit self indulgent but I have to agree a bit but disagree also. It is written in a diary style, so it is all about him, what he did and what was cooked. If it was a more straight forward style then I don't think it would have been a diary and gained some of the 'random' insights in what he buys and cooks.

I have only got through a small section of the book and have enjoyed it.

However, I have been a bit annoyed with many of the photos on being next to the recipe as they might relate to something on the previous page etc. It would have been handier to have what the title was underneath.
on 6 July 2013
Of all the celebraty chefs, he makes food that meets my tastes.

Slowly building up the complete collection of his work,
on 12 January 2013
Again I cannot comment on what was a requested present. He was very pleased to receive it and I ama sure will makegreat use of it
on 13 April 2006
Ususally with a cook book you dip in and out, selectively picking a specific recipe, but this book is different. I found myself reading it from cover to cover! Nigel's writing is interesting and strangely (considering it is a cookbook) gripping! His descriptions of high summer were so evocative that i felt depressed (as i was reading it whilst it was freezing cold and snowing!!)
I have only used a few of the recipes so far, but those that I have used have all turned out really well. The photography is well presented and overall the book is beautiful quality! I would highly recommend it to anyone.
on 15 November 2013
First time buying a Nigel Slater book, loved it and will certainly be buying another one. Fantastic recipes and easy to use
on 17 March 2014
This man never fails to produce a wonderful read and great recipes. This was bought as a present and was warmly received.
on 12 May 2014
The Kitchen Diaries by Nigel Slater are a wonderful read but added to that they are full of wonderful seasonal recipes.
on 15 September 2013
What a fabulous book, the way it is written is truly a pleasure to read, i'm a true convert to the lovely Nigel Slater.