5.0 out of 5 stars Great motivational book
Published 15 months ago by Miss N A Nicoll

3.0 out of 5 stars Of some additional value
Published 13 months ago by J. Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great motivational book, 21 Jun 2013
Great ideas, motivational tips and not at all obsessive. Informs you how to make 5:2 a way of life and not a fad diet. Informs you it's not difficult and not to worry about watching what you eat all the time. I have followed the 5:2 diet for 3 weeks now and have lost 8lb in that time! I am really chuffed and can't believe how easy it has been. Rather than feeling starving on my feast days I have actually felt less hungry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide to the 5:2 diet with great recipes, 21 May 2013
Emma Hawes (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 5:2 Bikini Diet (Paperback)
I was given a copy of this book by the author, because I am one of the contributors quoted in it. I wasn't paid to be in it, nor have I been paid to write this review, but I thought I'd be upfront about my link with the book. I have read the book by Michael Moseley and Mimi Spencer as well, and have no links with that one at all. Personally I think this one is more useful from a practical point of view, as it has loads of good recipes.

It starts with an overview of the diet, its health benefits and how it works, with some good questions answered in a Q&A section (and some quotes from people who have done the diet for a while about how they find it, me included).

Then it has a four-week plan to kickstart the diet. I didn't do this when I started the diet, but I can see it might be useful for some people who prefer not to wing it.

Pages 79 to 210 are full of recipes, loads of which look like they are really tasty. I haven't used any of them yet but they look good, and very helpfully the calories counts of each ingredient are given so if you want to omit some you can easily work out the total calorie count, which is essential if you are trying to stick to 500 calories on your fast day.

I think this touch is genius and really makes the book worth it - an overall calorie count wouldn't be as helpful. The individual ones also mean you can substitute ingredients because you can easily find out calorie counts.

In addition, at the end of the book is a calorie reference section with lists of foods and calorie counts, which will help with creating new meals.

The book also has an exercise section which I haven't read as I do my own thing, but might be useful for some people. I may take the odd exercise from it but I doubt I'll do the whole thing.

Overall I think this is a brilliant practical guide to the 5:2 diet with lots of recipes and helpful breakdowns of calories.

I've gone from a size 12-14 to a size 8-10 in 14 weeks, have a flat tummy, thinner thighs and almost no cellulite and am pretty evangelical about this way of eating, and I think this book would help anyone to start changing their eating habits and reaping the benefits of the 5:2.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB, 3 July 2013
This book is fab !!!!

Easy to follow and understand and the recipes are Beautiful and even my partner loves them so he is now on the 5:2 diet too !!!
the book has exercise section which is really easy to use and the motivation to carry on is great.

overall: great buy if you want to start eating heathy loose weight

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: The 5:2 Bikini Diet (Paperback)
I certainly haven't lost 14 lbs in 4 weeks (I am on week 3), but the 2 'fast' days are much easier than I thought they would be (after the first one or two). I have definitely lost some weight and can see the changes already. Also, the meal plans are easy to follow and there are some great recipes. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Jun 2013
K. S. Tunley "Mums" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 5:2 Bikini Diet (Paperback)
Even some good meals for veggies, quick easy meal ideas. Friends seem to be loosing lots on this diet already!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for anyone wanting to loose weight quickly, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: The 5:2 Bikini Diet (Paperback)
Buy this if you are wanting to loose weight for that holiday. Easy to read and put into practice or just to get in your party dress

3.0 out of 5 stars Of some additional value, 4 Aug 2013
J. Edwards "Bright bird" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 5:2 Bikini Diet (Paperback)
Having read the original Dr Mosley's original book I think that this is a refinement that offers a little additional support in that it gives guidance on how to make the diet individual to the dieter and particularly to be effective for women and that is welcome, however do not expect more than that. I think that the title is a little misleading, as the bikini figure can only be achieved by specific exercises for most of us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Diet, 25 May 2014
Bought through kindle whispernet. Download perfectly fast as usual. So far lost 9lbs in 7 weeks using the recipes in the book. not used the exercise plan yet as I do not wish to buy all the balls, steps and weights that are recommended. Some of the calorie counting is questionable? So if you're serious do check the cal counting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Aother diet book to my ever growing collection, 13 July 2013
I like this book for the recipe's but it would have made it easier to use if it had a recipe list so you could just go straight to it, and not have to trawl the book looking from on to the other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: The 5:2 Bikini Diet (Paperback)
love this book although hard to keep to plan! excellent delivery service.

The 5:2 Bikini Diet
The 5:2 Bikini Diet by Jacqueline Whitehart (Paperback - 9 May 2013)
5.24