on 3 October 2006
I just got this book and it is one of the most hilarious things I've read this year. It's intelligent and well-observed humour - at times outrageous, risque, or plain old silly. Mr and Mrs Llewelyn-Bowen poke fun at the old notion of class, and along the way introduce a host compulsively funny lists, puns and invented words, and provide advice on a range of subjects from the do's and don'ts of good grooming to "doing" sex. Written in short paragraphs, it's easy to dip in and dip out. Great fun.
on 16 October 2006
I saw this book in our local Waterstones and on a whim bought it last Saturday. I spent the rest of the weekend reading it-its absolutely hilarious. It covers everything posh from the cradle to the grave and the posh sex part had me in tears of laughter. It is funny , inteligent and well written. I also like the way you can dip in and out of the chapters and pick up whre you left off . I think this is this years "eats shoots and Leaves". A great gift book.
on 21 July 2007
What a fantastic book!! I haven't laughed as hard whilst reading a book in a long time. Hilarious,witty,clever,fabulous. Buy it!
on 19 June 2007
I found this book hilarious! It was fantastically written and said what others are often to fearful to say! I also loved the fact that Laurence was able to poke fun at himself - very refreshing approach from a celebrity!
on 22 March 2012
This is a great book. I was laughing from the first page. From living a lovely life in a no-go area, dealing with your un-posh relatives, speaking menu French and eyebrow commands. All very funny. Mr & Mrs L-B's tongues are most definitely jammed in One's cheeks. Brilliant
on 19 June 2013
The Bowens have done it again

Such an intelligent, charming read

A great escape from "civilisation"

A great leaving home gift for the kids
on 10 December 2012
It was a gift, so I am unsure about how well it works. I expect to hear about it in a few weeks or so.
on 4 August 2014
Some funny bits, but generally found it bit smutty. Managed about half an hour, then gave up.
on 7 February 2016
Still haven't had the time to start this book as yet I am sure I like it😁
on 11 January 2015
It passes the time and the authors are quite good writers.