5.0 out of 5 stars An All Time Favourite
Published on 23 Jan. 2001 by Leigh

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best potty book for training
Am not too happy with the ending - the whole story is cute, but the ending to me shows that it's ok to get to the toilet too late and so the princess wets herself and the floor and this to me shows my toddler that's it's ok to do so. Not a good ending at all.
Published on 23 May 2010 by Mrs. C. Carmichael

5.0 out of 5 stars An All Time Favourite, 23 Jan. 2001
I have to admit that this book stayed on the shelf for a few months after its purchase. I bought it when I first tried to start potty training my little boy, but gave up due to lack of interest. However, he has since taken it off the shelf and asked me to read it and now loves it. He and his younger brother giggle wonderfully every time I read "nappies are yeuch" and it has even reactivated his interest in using the potty himself. For enjoyment purposes alone I can't rate this book highly enough, but the fact that there is an educational message there as well (even if my son doesn't realise it) makes it a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 15 Nov. 2005
Thrilled we found the little princess books, my daughter loved this book and I want my dummy, we were potty trained and dummyless within the week of these two arriving. We will be ordering more !!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book for toddlers, 6 Nov. 1999
By A Customer
This is a fun and funny book for all parents and children going through the transition from nappies. The ilustrations are bright and attractive, with simple text accessible to those from around 18 months plus. Girls particularly like the princess and identify with her easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Want My Potty, 11 Jan. 2003
By A Customer
My wife and I found this book most useful when potty training our first two children and are about to embark on training our third child!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An answer to a desperate parent's prayer!, 28 July 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: I Want My Potty (Hardcover)
I sent this book to the son of a friend. He was refusing to dispense with nappies in spite of being a very intelligent four year old. They read it together and he got the idea immediately. I can't promise that it will work that swiftly and effectively every time, but it might help!

5.0 out of 5 stars i love this book, 27 Jun. 2012
i love this little book! after reading through the other reviews i cant believe how negative some if them are!
its a fun little book about a little princess learning to use the potty, first she hates it then she thinks its fun. yes it does end with her having an 'accident' but that just teaches your little one that it is ok to have accidents and even the little princess didnt get it right every time.
both my little girls loved this book when they we're ready to be potty trained and i always recommend this book to family and friends...so will reccomend to you too :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book - but wrong edition!, 27 Jun. 2008
This review is from: I Want My Potty (Paperback)
I love this book - but beware - I bought the cheapest paperback edition, but it turned out to be a US edition and uses the word 'diapers'. If you want your copy to say 'nappies' then don't buy the edition published by Kane Miller.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best potty book for training, 23 May 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little story, but not a potty training book!, 21 Feb. 2015
As a nice little story for youngsters, its fine. As a book to help introduce the idea of potties to a youngster, its pretty much useless in my opinion - doesn't give the child any indication of what the Little Princess is actually doing on the potty, or why. And in the throes of active potty training, the ending just drove me mad. My little girl liked the pictures, but it gave neither her nor me any potty training help whatsoever!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for potty training Princess fans!, 7 Feb. 2009
Mr. J. B. Rawlins (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Want My Potty (Little Princess) (Paperback)
My little boy is a big Little Princess fan. He likes the TV programme and the books. I bought this to help with his potty training, which was taking longer than expected. We had bought many other books to help him and us, but this was the one that worked!

It helped that he was a fan of Little Princess and he can identify with all her situations from a child's viewpoint. At the beginning she exclaims that "nappies are yeucchhh!". Later she is struggling to come to terms with using this new potty thing and doesn't want to, eventually accepting that it is better. It ends with a little wee accident showing that accidents will happen while still learning and it is OK.

I'm very impressed with this book, I wasn't expecting it to have such a big positive impact on him. Highly recommended for Princess fans, whether potty training or not.

I Want My Potty (Little Princess)
I Want My Potty (Little Princess) by Tony Ross (Paperback - 4 Sept. 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01