‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My Grand daughter loves it., 21 Aug 2009
This review is from: Dr. Seuss: A Classic Treasury (5 of Dr Seuss' best-loved tales omnibus) (Hardcover)
The book serves children who are becoming independent readers.
The repetition of words facilitates success which in turn
encourages the child to continue reading.
The rhyme adds a sense of humour and makes the story move on.
My Grand daughter loves it. She enjoys the colour and the illustrations.
She keeps going back to the book again and again.
Each time she does, she gets better at reading.
In a short time she would be able to read the book totally independently.
(I would still have to read to her anyway).

Lynette St.Cyr-Caesar

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 8 Mar 2008
Jan Turnbull (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great book if Dr. Seuss is your thing. I'd never read these as kid but my daughter at 2 and a half fell in love with Dr. Seuss after visiting Universal Studios in Florida. She loves this book and all the stories in it and can now recite the enire Cat in the Hat story whilst turning the pages using the illustrations to prompt the words - some of the smaller books don't have as much illustration- would highly recommend this book but bear in mind it's not very colourful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A superstar of a book!, 27 Nov 2012
K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
I have been reading my daughter Dr Suess books since she was a baby and she loves them as much now at 6 as she did then. We have a few of our own and have The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham as cartoons but don't actually own any of the stories in this book so I was delighted to find a book with her favorites in (we currently have How the Grich Stole Christmas from the library and I am having to read it aloud every evening!) This treasury has The Cat in the Hat, The Cat in the Hat comes Back, Green Eggs and Ham (my favourite!), Fox in Socks and The Grinch. I imagine this will be a book that stays on the shelf for years and will eventually be read to my grandchildren!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection., 23 Oct 2009
I had been looking for a collection of Dr Seuss stories for my son for a while. Especially glad to have The Grinch included as we have only seen the film before. Makes a great present if you love Dr Suess as we do. I think it is great for kids to hear rhyming words it helps them understand how words sound. It doesn't matter if some of the words are gibberish!

5.0 out of 5 stars A bedtime favourite, 6 Aug 2014
Great collection of favourite Dr Seuss tales. My twin daughters (4 and a half) have asked for one or other
of these stories nearly every night since we received them. Just make sure your tongue is nice and loose before you start Fox in Socks as it is guaranteed to be tied in knots by the end. Oh, and I often cite Green Eggs and Ham when trying to get them to try food they don't like the look of!

5.0 out of 5 stars My grandsons love the book, 29 May 2014
P. Eaves "writer" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I remembered reading this to my sons when they were small and the magic is still there for my grandsons. Delighted with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic indeed, 27 Jan 2014
A great collection with 5 famous books of Dr Seuss. A good laugh for the kids, my 5 year old daughter loves it, and also a good thinker for grown ups. Oh the places you'll go is a nice tale for the kids, but much heavier for us adults. Have you ever been in the waiting room of your life??

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Seuss - Family Favourite!, 30 Dec 2013
I myself have always been a fan of Dr.Seuss, so i decided to buy this book for my son (aged 6) for Christmas, who now also loves it! He finds the stories funny and they are easy enough for him to read independently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Seuss Treasury, 11 Dec 2013
dmcnabb - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
When I grew up I loved the Dr. Seuss books. Particularly green eggs and ham, the foxs socks and my brother and I had the nicknames of thing 1 and thing 2 when we were growing up. My son loves these large hardback books. He has a curious george & a winnie the pooh treasury and sits for hours and reads them so I was very excited to bring Dr. Seuss into his life! The stories were great and were stories that lived with me forever. I can see a Dr. Seuss book to this day and know what the story is about and know many of the rhymes. The book itself is well laid out. It is basically exactly the same as the books, but all in one book. If you love Dr. Seuss, this book is fantastic. It is also cheaper than buying the books individually! I would definately recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 18 Oct 2013
This is a lovely book with a variety of stories. Some easy to read for a small child and others to be read to them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Dr. Seuss: A Classic Treasury (5 of Dr Seuss' best-loved tales omnibus)