4.0 out of 5 stars Back on form
Published on 19 July 2007 by Shân Ellis Williams

2.0 out of 5 stars Review by a sceptic
I picked up 'Extreme Psychic' for a bit of light relief and some possible explanations about the supernatural, as I am an open-minded sceptic.

In the first chapter, Acorah recounts how he met a young man in a 'mental care institution'. The young man was hearing voices and Acorah states:
'The young man was neither mentally deranged nor schizophrenic. Quite...
Published on 15 Jun 2007 by Sarah Durston

4.0 out of 5 stars Back on form, 19 July 2007
This review is from: Derek Acorah: Extreme Psychic (Paperback)
As I was a little disappointed in the haunted Britain book I was glad to see that cheeky narrative and easy style of writing return in this book. The tales contained within the books aren't really that extreme (not really the daring doo psychic!) but worth a read as Derek comes across very naturally and honestly. What makes this book interesting for any most haunted/ derek follower are the multiple refrences to the programme and his vindication. I won't spoil them for you but they are food for thought as some of the most haunted team have allegedly been very forthcoming towards their views upon their ex-team member. Derek, forever the gentleman just drops hints!

A good read, just because Derek is so damn entertaining!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read it, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Derek Acorah: Extreme Psychic (Paperback)
Derek Acorah is one amazing psychic and this book proves it The Tartan Frog were really reliable and quick to send it out

2.0 out of 5 stars Review by a sceptic, 15 Jun 2007
Sarah Durston (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Derek Acorah: Extreme Psychic (Paperback)

'The young man was neither mentally deranged nor schizophrenic. Quite simply David had the gift of spiritual communication.'
As someone who works in the field of mental health, I found this kind of blasé approach to the diagnoses of people with mental health issues to be trite and irresponsible. Plus...I don't think anyone has been described as being 'mentally deranged' for at least thirty years.

Putting this aside I continued, in the hope that I would receive some explanation for ghosts, spirits and the like. There was nothing.

There was, however, a really funny chapter involving the spirit of an evil monk (although he wasn't really a monk, he was just pretending!!) having to be 'bundled back to the astral plane.' I nearly fell off my chair laughing when Acorah exclaimed; 'I had found the vortex!' Another high point for me was when he waltzed round the kitchen with possessed women!

If you're looking for something amusing but a little more balanced and intelligent, then I would recommend 'Will Storr vs. The Supernatural' by Will Storr.

This is trite, offers no real explanations. Reads passably well as a ghost story, which is why I gave it two stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 29 April 2007
Mrs. A. M. Chadwick (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Derek Acorah: Extreme Psychic (Paperback)
This is the second book I have recently bought by Derek, I loved watching him on "Most Haunted" and now he's another great show called "Ghost Towns".

You'll find out some of his amazing encounters, they really are fascinating and keep you on the edge of your seat. Some of the entities he encounters are more satanic then the ones he mentions in his book "Derek Acorah's Amazing Psychic Stories".

This is another compulsive read as well as being very interesting.

Personally it took me 24hrs to read this book as I just couldn't put it down. It's well worth the money and I now plan on buying the rest of the books he's written. :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Straight in in the Bin, 28 Aug 2007
M. A. Canavan "maca" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Derek Acorah: Extreme Psychic (Paperback)
I bought this book in a airport lounge for £1.99 cheap eh , not at all , as Derek Would say I wus Robbed,it took me my plane journey to read it , as soon as the plane landed the Buke (book) ended up where it belongs in the bin . don't buy this nonsense , write your own book you will probably do a better job. save your hard earned and go buy some sweets. lol

Derek Acorah: Extreme Psychic
Derek Acorah: Extreme Psychic by Derek Acorah (Paperback - 5 Mar 2007)