5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the BEST
Published on 24 May 2007 by Love to read

3.0 out of 5 stars misleading
Published on 30 Jan. 2011 by Renfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the BEST, 24 May 2007
This review is from: The Element Encyclopedia of 20,000 Dreams: The Ultimate A-Z to Interpret the Secrets of Your Dreams (Element Encyclopedias) (Hardcover)
Well what can I say about this book? Brilliant is the first thing to come to mind, however, there is a "key" (I believe) to getting the most out of it. In fact it is quite startling at first! Now the key is really quite simple, you must read the book (as a book) from cover to cover and even if you come to a section which you don't find all that interesting, persist! It is well worth the effort to absorb all it has to tell you. Why is it important to read it all? Simple, you're feeding your subconscious! As you will learn from the book our dreams send messages with images and if we can understand these images then we can understand what the dreams are telling us. So feed your mind the images and their meanings, because it will change your dream life forever.

What I found was by persisting from page one right through to the very end I gave my subconscious new ammunition for my dreams. Almost right away my dreams changed? They started to talk to me is such a clear way I was able to understand all my dreams and it was spot on! What happened? Well I started to have dreams with the new understandings and instead of me trying to work out what was being sent I knew! I could quickly grab the book and go back to the part I had read and there is was, it was an amazing experience. But it is always getting better and clearer. Now I can wake up and start to understand what was going on and why.

A few other things must happen first however, you must train yourself to remember your dreams using the techniques outlined in the start of the book. Write everything down (as much as you can remember) and think carefully about ALL the possibilities. Once you start to master this it all falls together and it is amazing.

So my advice is get the book, read it from start to finish, learn the techniques and start to communicate with your dreams like you never have before! The rating would have to be 10 out of 10, persist and you will be rewarded, I was. There are lots of "Dream Bibles" and other such books out there, but this one is the Rolls Royce and in my opinion the best one to own if you want only one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 15 Oct. 2006
This is great to have by your bed so you can check first thing in the morning when you have dreams that you want explained quickly. It is written in clear and concise English and is also entertaining and beautifully illustrated. This book would make a great present and is an ideal coffee table book for guests to your house to browse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 7 Oct. 2006
Wow! What a fantastic resource. I'm using the encyclopedia to interpret my dreams but I'm also reading it like a book subject by subject and am learning so much about the wonderful world of dreams. I shall treasure this book for many, many years to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars misleading, 30 Jan. 2011
I've been using this book for about half a year and have to say, although having tried hard to like it, it is really not that great. First of all, don't be fooled by the title, this book does not contain 20,000 dream symbols. My estimation comes to about 3500, all of which are dealt with way too briefly and don't give away anything deep let alone useful. You may be much better off using the numerous online databases and combine the information found. The title may just mean that 20,000 dream were analysed for the development of this book. If so, it is very misleading especially because many interesting symbols have been excluded.
Another problem is the structure. For some reason it is not that simple to find things in it as the index will direct you to various pages that all contain mostly rediculously short references of the symbol in question.
On the other hand, it can be entertaining by just flicking around reading passages. As long as you are not seriously trying to make sense out of your dreams it does no harm standing in your bookshelf.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kept my wife quiet!!, 18 Feb. 2010
Paul (Pembrokeshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
My wife has dreams that make Ben Hur seem like a short story and would always wake up wondering what they meant. I bought this to help "enlighten" her and I thought it would be a lot of old tosh but actually its a very enjoyable read and good fun! I like the way for some dreams they have Freud's interpretation and also Carl Jung's alternative. Lots of it makes sense when you read and think about what may be occurring in your day to day life that affects what your subconscious plays out in dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars everything you can think of is here!, 27 Jun. 2009
I love this book. Got it as a present a couple of years ago as I often have vivid random dreams, and its been a very interesting reference since. Even very obscure elements of dreams are in this book and there are quite thorough explanations of many of them, giving different ideas about what one element might mean.

Well worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you could possbily want!, 16 Aug. 2009
Ms. J. Stewart "Jessica" (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
This book was everything I wanted and more. It has everything you could ever possibly need. Its just a fantastic book! If you are thinking of buying a book about dreams this is the 1!

3.0 out of 5 stars dreams, 13 Jan. 2010
Not as scolarly a tome as some I have read, but does give a basic dream explanation. It is clear enough, and is a thick book, so lots of material in it. An all rounder.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very insightful, 26 May 2010
S. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This book gives quite obvious reflections on why you may have dreams related to your daily life, alongside some allegorical references. It does not give a deep analysis of the history of dreams and their meanings. Therefore it is of imited use.

5.0 out of 5 stars a very informent piece writing, 15 July 2013
higly recomended worth the money spent gives insight to your dreams and sets your problems into a clearer light than before