4.0 out of 5 stars Good Reading and Good Eating
Published on 3 Nov 2009 by Robert Hanson

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Recipes are good but the book is very bland and we gave ours to the charity shop
Published 3 months ago by Robert

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Reading and Good Eating, 3 Nov 2009
Robert Hanson (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Place Like Home (Paperback)
I was drawn to buy this book by memories of Rowley Leigh's newspaper column from a few years ago, in which he inspired me to try cooking good, honest, tasty and not over-flashy food. The recipes in this book which I have tried so far have had exactly those qualities and also have enabled me to produce more subtle flavours than I often do! However, this is not a book for week-day suppers. Ingredients are not obscure but a fair amount of time and care is needed in their preparation. Don't expect a Nigel Slater style solution for when you get home from work late, tired and hungry. But for more expansive weekend occasions your time and care will be well rewarded, and Rowley Leigh's writing is genial and companionable on the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly appetizing read, 22 Oct 2000
Paul Cloutman (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Place Like Home (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my chef son. I opened it and read it from cover to cover. Not only are Rowley Leigh's comments witty and wise, but the recipes are so well organised (into seasons and menus) and so appetising and commonsensical to follow that I started using the book myself the very next day. I am now buying another for my son. One tiny quibble - the illustrator is good, but not so good as her status on the jacket suggests. The photoraphs are more useful - and better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 15 Jan 2010
This review is from: No Place Like Home (Hardcover)
What a truely lovely book to read, and I hate reading! I love his humour and the recipes are delightful too. Would highly reccommend this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: No Place Like Home (Paperback)

No Place Like Home
No Place Like Home by Rowley Leigh (Paperback - 4 Sep 2006)
Used & New from: 0.01