5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud with a very useful message
Published 16 months ago by glimmer guru

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but not as god as the 'original'
'It's just a date' returns back to the basics of dating and gives good advice.. set your expectations right, have a life on your own, accept when it is not working and move on, etc...

But it's not as funny and insightful as the 'original' book by Greg Behrendt 'He's just not that into you'.

I think 'It's just a date' could be helpful to younger...
Published on 20 July 2009 by MissO

5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud with a very useful message, 24 April 2013
I really like the style of this author. It is easy to read and has some funny anecdotes. The message behind it really rang true with me, having been on both sides of coming on too strong and having others coming on too strong too. I now approach dates just as they are: just a date. I haven't found 'the one' yet but I no longer pile expectations on to people I haven't met. A great read. I have recommended it to all my friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but not as god as the 'original', 20 July 2009
MissO (Washington DC, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's Just a Date!: How to Get 'em, Read 'em, and Rock 'em (Paperback)

I think 'It's just a date' could be helpful to younger women/men who have not gotten the basics right yet!, and just getting started on the whole dating thing.
But if you are more mature/experienced, don't waste your time and go for 'He's just not that into you' to learn what you're doing wrong!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 21 Jun 2009
S. Flores (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm only halfway through this book, but I would definitely recommend it. If you've read "He's Just Not That Into You" you will love this too. They don't say many things that you don't already know, but the straight talking way it's written just gives you a good reminder. Happy dating!

5.0 out of 5 stars Guide for dating, 7 April 2012
This book this brilliant, every chapter has good advise and actually makes sense. Ive read this authors other two books "He is not into you' and 'Its called a break up because it is broken' and these have been very useful in relationship advise and his humorous writing made me giggle. Highly recommend if you are dating and you are not quite sure where you are going wrong, get this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars All single girls must read!!, 22 May 2009
Ms. C. Chan (London) - See all my reviews
Great Book! A guide to find your Mr Right. Easy to read and follow. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dating made simplier., 1 Nov 2008
We all know dating is as convoluted as all get-out these days, but this book really does seem to make it a bit more easier to decipher. I've read other books by this author and got this one to in order to add to my collection. So glad I gave it a whirl. It's an easy read and has loads of good information. A recommend, along with How to Be Wanted: Use the Law of Attraction to Date the Man You Most Desire and Live the Life You Deserve, which also has helped me to demystify a bit, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars best book ever, 2 Mar 2009
C. Butterly (Ayr, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is possibly the best book i have ever read! dont waste money on any other book! this is the one!!!!! i've bought it for all my girlfriends! not just date advice, this is life advice :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 14 Oct 2011
I enjoyed reading this, was fun and had some good tips. Sadly a read it ages ago and still haven't had a date, so it didnt contain any life changing information but was fun to read anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every single women - It's Just a Date, 9 Feb 2009
Lisa McNulty (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
It's Just a Date!: How to Get 'em, Read 'em, and Rock 'em

I wish I had read this when I was younger i'm sure I would have made less mistakes!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 21 July 2009
This book didn't deliver as much as I thought it would but, then, I'm in my forties and already know a reasonable amount. There were a couple of tips that I found useful, such as the suggestion that you don't go to each other's places before having at least a few dates, but, overall, it is a book better suited to someone quite new to the dating game.

It's Just a Date!: How to Get 'em, Read 'em, and Rock 'em
It's Just a Date!: How to Get 'em, Read 'em, and Rock 'em by Amiira Ruotola-Behrendt (Paperback - 21 July 2008)
6.29