4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read
I really enjoyed this book. It has a good story that flows well with interesting characters. Would make a good holiday read.
Published on 10 Mar 2009 by Cheryl

3.0 out of 5 stars Has promise
Published on 12 Nov 2008 by Badgergirl

3.0 out of 5 stars Has promise, 12 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Art of Love (Paperback)
Terribly predictable sadly, I skipped through the last twenty pages as I thought I knew what was going to happen and was proved right. Not a bad read generally. I read her first and second book, skipped the third as I didn't like the sound of it and thought I would give this one a shot. Again - see my review of her second book - a glaring typo 20 pages in! HarperCollins are a respected publisher and I am amazed that whoever edited it could miss this. Also, a bad spelling error towards the end. Maybe I am being picky because my job involves copyediting but...Also, the description on the back of the book is not how the events unfold. Her first book (Frozen Lake) was v good so start there

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 10 Mar 2009
This review is from: The Art of Love (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars ... the 2nd Elizabeth Edmondson book I've read and I enjoyed it., 7 July 2014
This review is from: The Art of Love (Kindle Edition)
This is the 2nd Elizabeth Edmondson book I've read and I enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable story set well into its era, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Art of Love (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book I have read by the author. It's well written and takes the reader back to another era. Good characters, romance, a mystery, a little danger and glamour too.

5.0 out of 5 stars another book with rich descriptions, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Art of Love (Kindle Edition)
I love how Elizabeth Edmondson uses language to paint such evocative stories - felt I wanted to know the characters and liked the plot twists & turns. Can't read to read more - this is my second book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and relaxing read, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Art of Love (Kindle Edition)
Nicely written. Characters well defined. Interesting and unusual storyline. Lovely relaxing read. Would recommend it as a good holiday read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Art of Love, 24 Aug 2012
Mrs. H. Rosser (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Love (Kindle Edition)
The book has mystery, suspense and romance in an intriguing and fast moving plot set in the art world of London and the French Riviera in the 1920s. The author handles her diverse cast of characters with skill, ensuring that the reader remains interested in them all while following artist, Polly's, search to discover the identity of her birth parents.

Heather Rosser

4.0 out of 5 stars Art of Love, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Art of Love (Paperback)
What a lovely book that transports you to the time in which it is set. Lots of intrigue, tensions, drama and romance. A great combination, wonderfully written book. I liked this so much I purchased the authors follow up book Villa in Italy. Also a fabulous read.

2.0 out of 5 stars I bought this and was really disappointed - it's A Villa in France under another title, 1 Dec 2014
J. Williams - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Love (Kindle Edition)
I bought this and was really disappointed - it's 'A Villa on the Riviera' under another title. A waste of money as I already have it.

4.0 out of 5 stars a pleasant read, 8 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Art of Love (Paperback)
This is a very pleasant, light holiday read. The story flows well even if the characters are somewhat stereotypical and it is easy to guess the outcome. It reminds me of old-fashioned Hollywood movies where the baddies are all very bad and the goodies very good and the audience knows it all. So, for instance, without giving away the story, it is clear from the start that Polly's fiancé, Roger, is an unpleasant character and that the relationship is going nowhere. One wonders how the two got together in the first place - the reason for Polly to fall for Roger is more convincing than vica versa. Similarly, it is obvious that the Watsons are not all what they seem and that Sir Walter is a sinister character. My main quibble is really with the ending: it is wrapped up too quickly in the last 20 pages or so and there are no loose ends; everything is explained and the fate of even the peripheral characters is tied in neatly with the central circle and that strains credibility beyond its limits. However, despite these weaknesses, this is still a satisfying read. In a world that is a lot more uncertain and untidy it is nice to escape into fiction where the goodies are saved from a bad fate, the villains are found out and a happy ending is in sight.

The Art of Love
The Art of Love by Elizabeth Edmondson (Hardcover - 6 May 2008)