5.0 out of 5 stars Good job Collins! I know I'll be using this a great deal.
I've dabbled with numerous different language learning products (books, courses, software & some skill exhanges too) but I have to say I really like this simple little book by Collins.

Published on 21 Aug 2009 by the lazuli

3.0 out of 5 stars good content, bad printing
Published on 29 Mar 2011 by Aaron

5.0 out of 5 stars Good job Collins! I know I'll be using this a great deal., 21 Aug 2009
This review is from: Easy Learning Spanish Conversation (Collins Easy Learning Spanish) (Paperback)

As a complete beginner who wants to immediate be able to start using my mouth (!) to actually speak some Spanish in useful converstional modes (eg oh dear!) or situational topics (eg I would like to eat now), this is a very well layed-out & easy to use & also sufficiently comprehensive with the right degree of variation for useful sentences. I would not be surprised if it's already popular with kids learning GSCE Spanish?

Finally a good number of these conversations are available to download for FREE from the companion website. The audio-quality & elocution & encouragement of these files is absolutely brilliant.

So for both value for money & a place to encourage yourself to speak & practice speaking Spanish this is highly recommended product. The only thing to realise however is that there is no escape or substitute product from the time that must be put in to learning, memorising & practising these phrases to master them for that critical moment abroad in the future, when speaking them will provide enjoyment & confidence. Ideally Collins would have added a recommended study programme but I guess that's where the dedicated student's hard work has to finally begin!

Full marks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collins Easy Learning Spanish Conversation, 1 Feb 2012
This book is an ideal companion to the Collins Spanish phrase ebook or it could be used on its own.

At the beginning there is a pronunciation section with the alphabet for absolute beginners.

There is a list of 12 units such as Getting There, Wining and Dining. The appropriate unit can be selected from this list. Each section has numerous phrases to cover most situations eg 'I'm allergic to shellfish'.

If you want to go directly to a specific phrase rather than read through all the phrases, you can use the Kindle's menu and use 'search this book' for e.g 'allergic' and this will take you to the above phrase.

There is also a grammar section, verb tables and vocabulary builder, which like a dictionary is listed alphabetically.

In addition there is a link to Collins' Website to download audio conversations.

Being in the form of an ebook will make it so much easier to carry around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish book, 15 Jun 2010
Blade1889 (South yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Great value for money, handy to carry around if necessary. Would say it's ideal for the beginner like me. El libro es fantastico !!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Guide, 4 May 2010
Bought this for my daughter to brush up on a few new Spanish words. She really liked it and has found it useful for homework assignments.

3.0 out of 5 stars good content, bad printing, 29 Mar 2011
I am a big fan of Collins Easy Learning range. My first trial of Easy Learning product was in 2003. Over the years, I've used Easy Learning dictionaries, grammar and vocabulary to learn French, Spanish, German and Itanlian. This range DOES deliver their promise of "easy to use": explanations are clear and concise, the structure of information and layout are designed to make the book easy to navigate.After trying and comparing several brands of langugage learning products, I've found that Collins Easy Learning does make the learning process more effetive. That is how I come to love this range. I would highly recommend this series to beginning or intermediate language learners.

But today, while browsing this Spanish Conversation eanestly, I am very disappointed by its printing and production quality. I've compared this brand new copy with the Easy Learning Italian Grammar that I bought second-hand three years ago from Amazon Marketplace; the production quality (printing, paper, color) is a far cry from the Italian Grammar book. The internal design and layout of this book is excellent, but unfortunately the printing quality does not do justice to it: lines and letter strokes are so badly printed that it seems the printing machine was running out of ink; the shaded table that should look elegant actually looks dirty and I can't help checking my fingers to see if any ink drops. Pages in the middle seems likely to drops after a couple of uses. I'm thinking about asking for replacement from Amazon. But since books are printed in batches, the replacement copy wouldn't be any better.

I am a very demanding reader, I admit. But I am also a very serious language learner and book buyer. It is really a pity that Collins has tried to lower their cost in such a not-so-clever way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reference., 5 Dec 2012
Bought this as one of my original Spanish study books along with the Grammer and the Verb tenses books and still refer to them regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collins Spanish Conversation, 13 Nov 2011
I found this book well laid out in an easy to understand format. It is a very useful accompaniment to my on-line lessons.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easier learning, 29 Nov 2012
Useful book, if you want to catch up some spanish phrases or revise your knowledge before e.g. holidays i do recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine, 30 Oct 2014
M. Turner - See all my reviews
This has been formatted for the Kindle, which is good, as many books of this type are difficult to use. So far, I have only browsed, but I like the example sentences, and the phrases. I might change the rating slightly when I have used it more. It's worth looking at a sample before buying, as it isn't a text book as such, but is a good supplement for someone already learning Spanish who is not a confident speaker because it takes too long to construct what they want to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 23 Jun 2014
Mr. A. Clinning (Lanzarote) - See all my reviews
Another great Spanish learning book from Collins. Easy to understand and explained simply, because it's what I need.
Again, again.

Easy Learning Spanish Conversation (Collins Easy Learning Spanish)
Easy Learning Spanish Conversation (Collins Easy Learning Spanish) by Collins Dictionaries (Paperback - 5 Jun 2006)