5.0 out of 5 stars Juice magic
I have always been deeply sceptical of the idea of juicing, even more of the idea of cleaning a juicer! But I have to say, this book has entirely won me over.

Published on 16 Sep 2007 by Ginan Tonic

3.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes, but the layout doesn't work for kindle
The recipes were great but the kindle version didn't have each recipe spread out on one page - the ingredient list would be split over two pages in many cases. I found that pretty annoying. The kindle version didn't have any images.
Published 5 months ago by RNMISRA

5.0 out of 5 stars Juice magic, 16 Sep 2007
Ginan Tonic (Shenfield, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Juice Master Keeping It Simple: Over 100 Delicious Juices and Smoothies (Paperback)

In a mad moment, I bought an Anthony Worrall Thompson Breville JE15 juicer and this book and have been juicing the tastiest of recipes daily ever since. (And actually the juicer's really easy to clean if you stick everything in cold water as soon as you have used it - big plus!)

The recipes taste really good - the balance of flavours in them all is superb. Shocked to find a committed chocoholic like me actually likes this stuff (although he does have a few good recipes with chocolate in too - cool guy!) and that none of the recipes need extra flavouring, sugar or salt or whatever, to make them taste good. This guy knows what he is doing.

The chart at the back of the book listing which fruit and veg contain what and are good for what in particular is a really useful addition.

This is a great book, I am a surprised and happy new devotee of juicing and these recipes are simple, easy to put together and taste fantastic. Give it a go. I doubt you will be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 20 Feb 2010
Joanne Gould "bethtoby" (derby) - See all my reviews
I have most of jasons books. I have just done this three day detox to the letter !! i have lost over 6 lbs.I am only a siz 10/12 and wanted to lose some fluid as i felt bloated. Its not easy and you do have to get in the right frame of mind. The juices are beautiful even the veg ones!!. I had the worst ever headache for the first two days but stuck to it. I tried doing this detox before but stil had tea and coffee, it just didnt work. If you are going to do it then please put your all into it. i even did an hour spin bike class the first day. give it a go the results are very welcome

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge range of recipes, 29 Feb 2008
J. Lowes (uk) - See all my reviews
This is a great book, with a massive range of juice and smoothie recipes. There are fruit juices, veg juices, kids juices, smoothies, and even ice cream smoothies. There is a section for sporting types & a section which suggests the best juices for various ailments. All explain why the ingredients work too. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, Tasty Recipes, 31 Aug 2007
I am a juice amateur, but having tried some really tasty juices in the states I bought a juicer and this book recently thinking I'd give it a go at home. The book itself is beautiful, it's brightly coloured, well laid out and is quite a joy just to flick through - it's also split into very useful sections so there's one especially for kids, one for detox, one for simple juices, one for smoothies etc etc and if you find yourself with a glut of a certain fruit or veg on your hands the index will quickly refer you to all relevant recipes.

The recipes themselves are excellent. They are massively varied and whilst some sound great on paper and you just can't wait to get juicing, others sound less appertising... but I've not come across one yet that when put to the test didn't taste great. I am still quite new to this so I will stick with the book for a while - and there are more than enough ideas to be going on with, but I hope that with the advice that Jason offers about quantities and combinations, with a bit more time I will be able to put togethr some of my own recipes too.

A very good but which has ensure that my new juicer will not gather dust - if you are looking to buy a juicer - I can highly recommend the
Philips HR1861 Pro Aluminium Juicer which is on sale at amazon at the moment, I chose it after extensive research and have not been disappointed. It is also the juicer favoured by The Juice Master Himself.

Happy Juicing!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is great, 12 Sep 2007
L. Swift "Lisa S" (Leicester,England) - See all my reviews
I am a complete novice when it comes to juicing, but have been plagued by daily Migraines for some time, and saw Jason's Juicy Pharmacy and decided to give The Migraine Juice a try, It has really helped and It tastes really good. I have converted the whole family, My hubby has the Asthma Jucie, My daughter has the clear skin one! (and yes her teenage skin has improved...) I am now mad about juicing, love it..... I do feel better, and my Migraines arent as frequent as before. This is the best juicing book, tried a different one by another author and the juice was foul - really bad!

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book on juice recipes you'll need!!, 18 April 2007
S. Keast (Bristol) - See all my reviews
Having read some of Jason's books previously (and making a juice everyday, especially the Turbo charge one!) and loving his infectious attitude and approach, I was keen to get hold of his new book and try out some new recipes! This book didn't disappoint, with various juices for different things, and a kiddies section too which I thought was good!

I have made a smoothie with berries, yoghurt and pineapple juice at the weekend which was yummy, and my boyfriend has now got into the habit too of juicing and it's powerful benefits! Thankyou Jason for yet another fab book, can't wait to get tasting some new juices and smoothies!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and comprehensive book., 17 April 2007
G. Burroughs (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Thanks again for a brilliant book. At long last Jason Vale releases a book dedicated to recipes, and it is fantastic. I have found it easy to follow, full of colourful pages and well thought out chapters. The reason this book sticks out from other juicing books that I have bought, is that it explains the nutritional benefits of the juices and even has a natural pharmacy section.

Why but a whole load of books for the information, when this has it all?

It really does cover all aspects of Juicing, I would recommend it to anyone who is interested, or already juicing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most delicious I've tasted, 19 Feb 2008
A wonderful receipe book with practical and easy juice receipes. I got a juicer like the one Jason Vale used on TV and the book came with it. The receipes are delicious and very easy to follow. They don't need difficult to get hold of items, but day to day fruit and veg. My favourite is the sports hydro drink (with beetroot and cucumber) which I take to the gym with me and it really makes an excellent alternative to water.
I haven't tried a receipe I didn't like. Even my children like them as much as I do. I look forward to Jason's next juice book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A juicy little book!, 7 Aug 2008
I love this book, infact I love juicing. Jason is a great inspiration and juicing certainly helped me to a healthier and trimmer body. I have tried most of the recipes and all of them taste wonderful. The vegetable ones are a great way to use up the excess stock from my allotment.
I didn't even buy this book - it came free with my juicer, now that's a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 17 May 2007
This latest book from Jason Vale is a MUST for any fan of juicing because it is the best compendium of excellent recipes ever! This is the first of Jason's books dedicated to juice recipes and is the best thought out, tried and tested recipe book of its kind that I've seen. There are no strange concoctions in this little lot, just brilliant tasty and nutritious drinks that make your mouth water.

Your greengrocer will love you for buying this book. (Your doctor too!)

Juice Master Keeping It Simple: Over 100 Delicious Juices and Smoothies