Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 July 2013
This was not so much about hoppicking as about the lives iof an extended family some of whom went hoppicking regularly and the rest of their lives i n Poplar.
I found the book somewhat incosistent, it seemed to jump about a lot (datewise) which made it difficult to follow.
I come from a hoppicking area in another part of England (Herefordahire) and the hop part rang very true.
on 28 July 2011
What a wonderful book - I had trouble putting it down. I did not go hop picking - but many of friends and neighbours did. I would not hesitate to recommend it. My only comment is that whoever wrote the synopsis of the book on the back cover of the paperback edition clearly did not read the book as the names and relationships were completely wrong.
on 17 May 2013
Great read, took me back to the days when I used to watch everyone else going hopping, I never went myself but always wanted to, the other kids made it sound so exciting! However, the book told me all about it and I almost felt that I was there.
on 5 April 2014
A very nice read, of the times when east end families combined holidays on the farms picking hops and having a sort of holiday at the same time, and going home after wards with money in their pockets,
on 16 July 2012
THIS IS A BOOK THAT I REALLY ENJOYED AND DID NOT WANT IT TO END, I COULD RELATE TO A LOT OF IT WHICH MADE IT EVEN MORE ENJOYABLE
on 13 September 2014
Not as good as the other one where a 17 yr old girl gets all her teef pulled out by a barber in a green leather smock...
on 12 March 2013
This is a great item and I would most certainly recommend it to others.
It is worth every penny paid for it.
on 4 February 2015
Arrived as promised and as it stated in new condition. Very pleased especially as it was a gift.
on 5 July 2015