TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 October 2006
Georgia Nicholson is at it again in the newest installment of Louise Rennison's hilarious series about the trials and tribulations of a lovelorn British high school girl. STARTLED BY HIS FURRY SHORTS does not disappoint readers who have grown to love the quirky Georgia, her eccentric family, and her Ace Gang of best buddies.

As STARTLED opens, our poor heroine finds herself, "On the rack of romance. And also in the oven of luurve." (That's 'love' for those of you who are new to Georgia-speak.) She is waiting to hear from her Italian Stallion almost-boyfriend, to whom she had given an ultimatum. He must either be exclusive to her, or they may never share another romantic evening under the stars together. Needless to say, she's not entirely sure she did the right thing with Masimo. After all, what if he comes back with the wrong answer?

But while Georgia wants the hunky Italian-American to be faithful to her, she's having a little trouble in that department herself. She's not completely over her first love, Robbie, who left her to "snog with marsupials" in New Zealand. And her friend, Dave the Laugh, appears to have a crush on Georgia, but she has no idea how to handle it.

As with the other Georgia Nicholson novels, I found myself laughing out loud as I turned the pages. Everyone in this series is interesting and well crafted. Sure, Georgia herself is shallow, but she's also funny and (usually) kind and easy to relate to. There are even some villains (i.e. Wet Lindsay and Astonishingly Dim Monica) who readers can love to hate.

The glossary at the end of the book was helpful as always in deciphering unfamiliar British terms, although it was often unclear whether these terms were really unique to Britain or if they were just unique to author Louise Rennison's fertile imagination.

Pick up a copy of STARTLED BY HIS FURRY SHORTS and laugh yourself silly.

Reviewed by: K. Osborn Sullivan
on 29 June 2006
The thing is, the confessions of Georgia Nicolson makes you laugh, and Im not just talking a little chuckle im talking a good hearty belly laugh. And youll want to quote the book to your friends. Think Adrian Mole but for girls and in the 20th century, as a grown up (nearly, well 26) reading about a teenage girl, it reminds me of all the stupid things I did as a kid,when it came to new bits on my body, realising that boys are fab but not wanting to admit it!!

In Louise Rennisons books she really gets it, and writes it brilliantly.

When you read these books you WILL use allot of Georgia's terms you try not say 'nippy noodles' when its cold!

Get it you wont regret it!
on 26 July 2006
I've just finished reading this book and it is so funny! I was laughing all the way through. I can't wait for another one to come out! The ending is good and makes you want to know whats going to happen next! With all the usual charecters, Gee, Jazzy, the lurve & sex god etc it makes it a very believeable story (most of it anyway). Recommended to anyone with a sense of homour!
VINE VOICEon 2 July 2006
Georgia's back, and she's heartbroken! After the cliffhanger ending in book six, Georgia muddles through her feelings for Masimo and Dave the Laugh, coming across mental cats, parties, the school play, being 'just mates', Viking weddings complete with bison horns, and crazy parents... there are many many hilarious moments and great one-liners - and yet another great cliffhanger which will make you anxious for book eight. (And believe me it really turns the whole thing on its' head!)

I absolutely enjoyed this book and recommend it to fans of Louise's other Georgia novels, and anyone who fancies a good laugh! It's light and frothy, and utterly brilliant. You really do need to read this!

Rach xx
on 8 July 2006
i love georgia nicolson, and this book is pretty rocking as seventh instalments go...georgia is as insane and fabbity-fab as ever, as are all her friends, her parents, her cats and her neighbours.

a special place in the mad/fab list is reserved for libby, her totally mental younger sister, who has a couple of amusing parts to play in this story.

If you haven't read the previous six DO SO NOW!!! then read this one, and revel in the complicated-ness of Georgia's life, the awesomeness of the production of macbeth and georgia's imporovisational skills (playing macduff), and has she finally got one up on wet-lindsay? well hurrah!!!

also this is a good one for making minds up between dave the laugh, masimo and robbie. georgia treats the sex-god issue with a little more maturiosity than before, and it has cataclysmic results...what to do? the end is such a cliffhanger, i can't wait for number eight!!

read it. buy it now, and read it. you will not regret it.
on 9 July 2006
This is an amazing new book in the Georgia Nicolson series. It is just as funny, if not more than the others. Georgia trying to sort out her love life will make you cry with laughter. A brilliant book that continues from the last yet is refreshingly different
on 25 June 2006
This is Louise Rennison's seventh installment in the Georgia saga, and things are really getting good. This book carries on from the next one, and deals with Georgia waiting for Masimo to tell her if he wants to go out with her or not.

It's filled with all the usual laughs, and goings on in the world of the Ace Gang. Georgia, Rosie, Mabs, Jools, Ellen and Jas are all as crazy as ever, and their antics will make you laugh out loud.

Be warned, this book ends on a HUGE cliffhanger, and you'll want to read the next book straight away.

I hope Louise is busy writing the next one.. because I can't wait to read it!
on 6 April 2013
I have just read this book and I really enjoyed it. I feel i can relate to this book as the character of Georgia has many of the same qualities as myself, also that we are the same age and it gave me an insight into someone elses perspective on things. Most of the time,whilst reading the book I just couldn't stop laughing. My mum read it too and said she just couldnt put it down. She has also started using words like nervy b and glamourosity and using the snogging scale, shes thinking of creating her own. :D I would defo recommend these books but if you havent read them begore start with the first one angus thongs and full frontal snogging then work your way up. Keep calm and control your red botomosity… xox
on 28 June 2006
This book is really brilliant. It is about a girl called Georgia. It is her amazingly funny diary of her life, including boys, pets, friends and school. One of my favourite books. It has a SUPERB ending. Absolutely amazing!
on 21 July 2006
This book is without doubt one of the best I've read, and believe me, I've read A LOT! I think that all female teenagers should have a copy of the whole collection. To me, I think that the stories are basically identical to mine, if a bit exaggerated. However to be honest I sort of expected the ending. On the other hand, that might just be because I've read the other books from the series too many times that I've become so familiar to it. I just cant wait until the next one!