5.0 out of 5 stars You'll Laugh Your Pants/Thongs Off!
Published on 3 Feb 2004 by Jenni Doherty

3.0 out of 5 stars Callula Tobin
I liked it and thought it was a really funny easy read. However I found it annoying that it is not written like a really book and just has random diary entries.
Published 11 months ago by C Mammen-Tobin

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll Laugh Your Pants/Thongs Off!, 3 Feb 2004
Jenni Doherty (Derry, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Move over Bridget Jones and step aside Adrian Mole, because anyone who's ever been a teenager will be chortling to these hilarious award-winning diaries of Georgia Nicholson. This gregarious girl's confessions make some of the most honestly funny reading published for teenagers (and those of us just a 'tad' older, well, young enough to remember those angst-ridden years!) Both books, (spanning a single year each), and part of a collection of four, capture the frustrations and flirtations of those torturous teenage years with so much hilarity and at such a fast pace that you're left breathless by the time you reach the end of the book.
Georgia has all the usual problems - a stubborn spot on her nose, sadistic teachers, an incontinent younger sister and an uncontrollable pet Scottish wildcat (alias Angus). Her parents might be splitting up or shipping them all out to 'Kiwi-a-gogo land' (New Zealand) and she still doesn't know how to kiss properly. She recounts these traumas with a sense of irony and deadpan wit. This muddle-headed, drama teen-queen had me giggling out loud. I could feel myself blush aimlessly and cringing with recognition to similar emotions and events that were, at the time, the only reason for living and breathing - boys and make-up - and stopping at nothing to claim that 'gorgey' sex god. Thank God I have acquired a certain dignity and decorum now beyond those early attempts of desperation. In other words, I've found that devilish partner-in-crime and am doing the time. Mind you, he wouldn't notice if I shaved off my eyebrows and took up wearing leg warmers again. (It was the mid-eighties - the years not degrees).
These are delicious dairies full of thrills, spills and hilarious escapades, amply titled with a dazzling set of wicked catchphrases. Further published confessions of Georgia are: 'Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas' (if only) and 'Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants' (never). An introduction to Georgia is like being introduced to a really good and funny friend without the mood swings. Ideal for confident readers aged twelve and over (and older chicks for a trip down memory lane). You'll laugh your pants/thongs off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it, you know u want to.., 25 Nov 2001
By A Customer
Georgia is just abit mad. Well so would you if you had a mad sister, a scottish wildcat as a pet, a possible transvestite dad, A mum with a "shelf" and an uncle Eddie who pulled up at your school disco in his motorbike- the one that was around when God was a boy. Not to mention a ridiculously dim friend called Jas, the recollection of going to a fancydress party dressed as a stuffed olive and a school which made you wear a beret. Its not easy being a teenager, Georgia's diary will tell you just that. This book basically tells of the usual teenage problems we go through- not to mention added ones like having to trap older sex gods with wet weed girlfriends, a big mouthed ex and an ex boyfriend who not only is a snogging prostitute, but thinks your a lesbian. Team that together with the added stress of being a girl and going to school and thats Georgia's story in one swift plunge. Seriously though, READ THIS. You need to, it's not only the funniest thing you are ever likely to come across,[...] but it's the only thing in the human world which will make you realise that all though you are mad, there are worse off people....(eg. Georgia). Louise Rennison is soooo brilliant at capturing the feelings of a teenager, her style makes Frank Skinner, Ricky Tomlinson and Harry Enfield etc look really UNFUNNY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angus, thongs and hilariousity. YAY!, 21 Oct 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Angus, thongs and full-frontal snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, Book 1) (Paperback)
This is so funny and amazing fabbity fab fab fab. I didn't know whether I would like it or not but decided to try reading it as it had some great reviews , like this one! I'm twelve and I don't think it goes into too much detail about anything rude. In fact it's not really like the name. her cat's called Angus(scottish) and her enemy wears thongs and her and her loon friends invent a snogging scale.Except it only goes into detail about the first thing. It touches real life issues and is a must have read for any girl aged 10+!!! It's fabbity fab. It rocks my socks.P.S. I read it when I was 10 nearly 11 and I'm normal well at least I think. I touches romance and is great read for anyone foing on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabbity Fab Fab!, 12 Aug 2007
Brilliantly funny, teenage angst author Louise Rennison's first book about the confessions of crazy but lovable Georgia Nicolson. Now repackaged in a gorgeous new paperback and looking even fatter than ever. Louise is an international best-selling author and her books can't fail to make you laugh out loud. There are six things very wrong with my life: I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years; it is on my nose; I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room; in fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic 'teachers'; I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home; I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive. Follow Georgia's hilarious antics as she tries to overcome the dilemma's that are weighing up against her, and muddle her way through teenage life and all that it entails: how to replace accidentally shaved-off eyebrows; how to cope with Angus, her small labrador-sized Scottish wildcat; her first kiss with Peter - afterwards known as Whelk Boy; annoying teachers; unsympathetic friends and family; and how to entice Robbie the Sex God! Phew - she's really got her work cut out!
This is the funniest book I have ever read! It should be a bestseller - moreso than Harry Potter!!!
Love this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Book EVER, 15 Aug 2000
By A Customer
I read Angus, thongs and full frontal snogging lately and it was BRILLIANT! I laughed so hard at one bit that I fell off my bed! It is the funniest book that I have ever read and I hope It's O.K., I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers is as good. I have only two complaints about the book... 1. She complained too much about her looks yet she got attention from guys including a sex god - as she put it. 2. It took me ages to get my mother to buy it for me because of the title.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious... will have you in stitches, 16 Mar 2006
By A Customer
Even though this book was intended for teenage girls, I can't think of a single person who won't love it. It's so funny it's barely a novel- more like a stand-up show in which all is intended is to make you laugh.
Georgia Nicolson is a typically shallow, self-obsessed, yet fun-loving and warm fourteen-year-old girl, whose main concerns revolve around her appearance and boys (the Sex God will become a househeld name). In this diary-style book, we are invited to follow Georgia's hilarious and brutally honest account of her life and the world around her. It's not about any particular issue (except surviving being a teenager), it preaches nothing and there are no clever twists- but that's not important because it's just SO funny. If you do not read this you will be missing out.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 29 July 2003
this is the original book that spawned a whole series, and no-one could ever say that 4 was too much.
It is a laugh-out-loud account of one certain teenager (Georgia Nicholson) as she stalks, talks to and successfully chases one certain 'sex god'. However she is hindered in her progress by her 'sadistic' teacher 'hawk-eye' heaton, the sex-gods pathetic girlfriend wet Lindsay and her embarassing school beret.
It is a delightful read which truly reminds all 20-or-over women of their angst-ridden teenage years. A great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book i have ever read, 19 Aug 2007
My friend recommended me this book and to her i am very grateful! It is such an amzing book i read it cover to cover and loved the whole book! You can really realte to everything that is being written.
An amazing book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I startled the cat!, 6 Feb 2007
This is essential reading for teenage girls - and their mothers - and their fathers!! I had to sneak this out of my daughter's room to read whilst she was at school. I laughed so hard I cried and startled the cat in the process. Louise Rennison has teenage Georgia and her friends described perfectly!

5.0 out of 5 stars fabbity fab book with knobs on!, 13 Aug 2008
Recently I went to see "Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging" in the cinema, but I hate seeing films I haven't read the book of. I had seen the trailer and thought it looked absolutly awesome! I quickly ordered the book from Amazon, and could not put it down! Honestly, I picked it up at 4 and did not stop reading until 8!! It is one of the best books in the world, and can only be out done in humour by the legend of Bridget Jones.It is fabulous book about very realistic problems faced by your average teenager, yet it isn't whingy or boring or moany, just hilarious and honest!! It doesn't blow anything out of proportions, like so much chick-lit does. Basically it is just fabulous!!

5.24