5.0 out of 5 stars The best guide to Scotland I've read
Published on 24 Sep 2006 by Travel lover

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy guide
Another of those helpful books that give you an idea of what to do, where to stay etc in Scotland. However, bear in mind that like most books of this type its reports are based on what the writer has actually experienced in Scotland not necessarily the 'best' of Scotland. So some of the best.....in his opinion. Handy, nevertheless.
Published 5 months ago by JJ

5.0 out of 5 stars The best guide to Scotland I've read, 24 Sep 2006
This review is from: Collins Scotland the Best (Paperback)
As a native Scot I have used this book frequently to the extent that it is now falling to pieces! Not only are the recommendations for hotels, restaurants, walks, beaches, historical places, waterfalls etc etc consistently good, they are well laid out and easy to access. I use this book as a guide when I want (eg)a restaurant to eat in, but I also love to peruse it as a reading book, inspiring me to visit new places and take detours off my regular routes.

I would highly recommend this book to locals and tourists alike. Buy it well in advance and use it to plan your visits. If you are a foody you'll get hungry reading the descriptions of restaurants and if you've never been here before the 'tick' rating system will help you decide upon the best things to do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy guide, 29 Oct 2013
JJ (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Scotland the Best, 11 Sep 2012
This review is from: Collins Scotland the Best (Paperback)
I am very happy with this book, very comprehensive, I imagine I will keep it forever and look forward to exploring Scotland with it as my guide.

4.0 out of 5 stars great ideas, 15 Feb 2010
This review is from: Collins Scotland the Best (Paperback)
This is not the book that I thought it would be but it was a real eye opener. New ideas/suggestions for well known places. This was a 2005 copy but still useful.
Colin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scotland the bible, 9 Feb 2010
S. Matson "stella" (scottiland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Scotland the Best (Paperback)
If your looking to travel around scotland this is the book for you. It gives you all the best places to eat, drink and visit. It takes you to places you wouldnt normally visit. fantastic

ARRAY(0xb48f3f84)

Collins Scotland the Best
Collins Scotland the Best by Peter Irvine (Paperback - 5 Dec 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01