5.0 out of 5 stars Simply superb
This classic book is a staunch favourite in our house and has been for years! The drawings are fabulous, the storyline builds to a wonderful climax and the little twist at the end is just delicious. It is simply one of the best books for young children and I have never yet met one who didn't love it once they had met it!
Some books make you sigh when your child...
Published on 2 Jun 2005 by C. Chambers

1.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Phillippa Griffin is right! Kerr has a nefarious agenda!
Oh Mrs Phillippa Griffin, how heartening to find someone else who abhors this twisted tome!
It took me quite a while to decode the hidden message that Kerr - obviously a member of some covert body bent on the undermining of values we hold dear (I notice that she is of foreign origin) - had embedded in the text using a complex cryptography but, inspired by you, Mrs...
Published 12 days ago by Emil 22

‹ Previous | 1 2 338 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Cant put a good book down, 10 Feb 2008
Mrs. Lynn Tulloch "barbie t" (grangemouth, scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tiger Who Came to Tea (Paperback)
My mum bought this book for me roundabout 30yrs ago. I now read it to my son & he enjoys it too.

I still enjoy the book even now!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 10 Oct 2002
F. S. Harte "jcayyi" (UK) - See all my reviews
This was listed as a classic picture book for children on my teacher training course, not simply for the way the images and words become an exposition for one and the other - 'Tiger' achieves this to perfection; rather, for the way it evokes a real sense of magic and love through the counterpoint of ordinary family life and the visit from the friendly but insatiable tiger. But more than anything, this book is classic because young children adore it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dated? Maybe. Daughter love it? Oh yes., 28 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I remember this book from when I was a little kid, and how much I loved it. It was with some curiousity that I bought it for our 19 month old daughter. I cannot tell you how many times my wife and I have had to read it to her, but suffice to say, she absolutely loves it. Do not be put off it by its dated look. This is only our own adults conception, and a young child will not know the difference between a book that looks old or a modern book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once read never forgotten, 10 Sep 2003
By A Customer
I read this when I was a child 30 years ago and remember it being one of my favourite books along with one about a child who babysat plants when people went on holiday ! ! !
My copy of the book was handed down to various family members and they all loved it too. I was most suprised to find that it was still available some 25 years later with the same illustrations as the ones I remembered so I just had to buy it for myself......

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous resource for the Literacy Hour!, 19 Feb 2002
By A Customer
As an infant teacher, I am always on the lookout for books that will captivate children during lessons and that will provide mileage for text, sentence and word level work, as well as inspiring me with ideas for group work!
This book answers all purposes very well. If you are a teacher, invest in it immediately!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tall Tale, 9 July 2007
This review is from: The Tiger Who Came to Tea (Paperback)
Every time I read this to my two year old, I just don't get it; but then I never had it read to me when I was a child before the magic of child imagination got sucked into the void of adult dullness.

My daughter adores it. She always asks for 'Tiger Tea' EVERY bedtime, and demands it is read several times before she drops off. I'm left wondering what on earth the author was on, but the smiles and look of wonderment on my little ones face proves this one of the best books I have ever bought her.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tiger's tale! A magical story..., 11 April 2007
Dr. D. W. Lendrem "dennislendrem" (Rothbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tiger Who Came to Tea (Paperback)
Suspend your disbelief and imagine what would happen if a tiger knocked on your door. What would you do? Why...you would invite him in for tea wouldn't you? Imagine the chaos that might ensue...

I read this magical story to my daughter, Lucy, when she was three and I fully expect she will read it to her children when they are three. Its a book which defines your childhood. Buy it, read it, you will enjoy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scarlett my Gt Grand daughter, 20 Sep 2011
Scarlett aged 2&3/4 loved it. She could not get enough of it. She think it is better even than Peppa pig

4.0 out of 5 stars The Tiger who came to Tea, 27 July 2010
This review is from: The Tiger Who Came to Tea (Paperback)
Why does a man in his sixties read a book like this? I recently attended an musical evening at a well known college in Berkshire. The event was in support of a childrens charity of which my wife is a trustee. One of the auction prizes was "Tea with The tiger who came to Tea". When I asked what this meant, it went silent, at which point our hostess the Head Girl remarked "Have you never read the book everyone reads this book". Well I immediately ordered the book and read it to my 6 year old Grandson. It was perfect, wonderfully illustrated but told an exciting story. The size of the Tiger against Sophie but so well mannered. What is going to happen next? Will the tiger ever stop? How will it end? Such an understanding Daddy who seemed to take it all in his stride .... like we all do as parents and grandparents. What did happen to the Tiger? It makes me wonder every time there is a knock at the door.

5.0 out of 5 stars The family loves this book, 1 Mar 2002
By A Customer
I never read this book as a child but my 10 month old daughter loves it. There was a chap dressed in a tiger suit at a fair a few weeks ago and she became so excited when I told her that it was the tiger who came to tea. For the next week at least, no other book would do. The illustrations are bold and have real affection. The tiger has great personality. The story holds attention to the end.

‹ Previous | 1 2 338 | Next ›

The Tiger Who Came to Tea
The Tiger Who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr (Paperback - 6 Feb 2006)
3.85