5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!!!
Loved this book as I am a Chelsea supporter with My idol being of course, Frank Lampard. If you are a Chelsea supporter you will love this
Published 3 months ago by Samuel Mirfin

3.0 out of 5 stars Frankly not too good
Published on 10 Oct 2007 by Chas Lawson

3.0 out of 5 stars Frankly not too good, 10 Oct 2007
This review is from: Totally Frank: The Autobiography of Frank Lampard (Hardcover)
I was a Frank Lampard fan until I read this book. He seems to spend all of his time in the book slagging off West Ham. He moans about how he is treated by other fans and seems to be just telling the reader that he isn't a bad man and everyone should love him. You might give him sympathy if he wasn't earning £90,000 a week. He tells of the bad newspaper stories about himself and tries to defend them whilst also admitting them. The book starts to get going in some areas but then it just goes back to him telling you how much he hates West Ham. I am not a Chelsea or West Ham fan so I'm not just a disgruntled fan giving a bad review. I am an England fan however and that is why I bought it. I now cringe whenever I see him on t.v. and almost feel sorry for how he's come across in this book. An average read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!!!, 2 Aug 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 27 Jun 2014
was an ok reading...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, 1 May 2014
Bought this book for my son who's a massive Lampard fan! He hasn't put it down since it came through the post!

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB, 4 Dec 2013
Fabulous book, good quality, no creases etc. As new. Highly recommend the book to any Chelsea fan or even England fan. Great communication from the seller too - would highly recommend both the book and the seller

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Sep 2013
I purchased this book for my 11 uear old son and I am completely happy with everything!!! The service was great, the condition of the book was amazing and the price was spot on, thank you very much I have an extremely happy boy with his head stuck in this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, 7 Sep 2013
On the whole a decent read but it becomes a bit self indulgent at times and repetitive
If I heard how he had a bad time at west ham once I heard it a million times
An easy holiday read by the pool. Have read much better more revealing autobiographies

3.0 out of 5 stars Totally Frank, 5 Feb 2007
K. Hall "Matt Hall" (South Wales) - See all my reviews
An ok read as im a Chelsea fan. I found the bits about Chelsea interesting and also how he was brought up around football but was bored at Lampard moaning about everything. He seems to be defending himself against his critics and his stories lack interest.

I would recommend this if you have nothing else to read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Moan, moan, moan thats all he does, 4 Sep 2013
I have read many biographies most of which have been from the world of sport, but never have I read something where somebody so privileged moans so much about such petty things.

It just seems that no matter what happens in life then Frank manages to find something to moan about, and he keeps on at it again and again and again. The only real exception being his wife and child (who is now his ex-wife so it couldn't have been that good!).

He may be a great footballer, and I always had a lot of respect for him but this is just a terrible read and only a real die hard fan would enjoy this. In fact it was so bad that despite having a printing error where the last 30 pages or so are missing (repeated pages from earlier in the book) I didn't send the book back because I just didn't want to read any more.

My suggestion is to save your money and buy something that is enjoyable to read and from somebody who appreciates that they are in a privileged position.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yep, it's a shocker alright.........................., 11 July 2013
I've always admired him as a footballer so when I got chance to read the book I was quite looking forward to it. Well, I just about reached the chapter about Roman Abramovich and 'the boat' and I could stand this no longer. A large part of the book is spent justifying his hatred of West Ham and their fans; page after page of vitriol. How he met the 'best woman in the world' who he's since ditched. What a 'diamond geezer' John Terry is. How he's in love with Jose Mourinho and the feelings are mutual. How he and Roman Abramovitch are kindred spirits. It's laughable but gut churning at the same time. It's by far the worst book I've ever encountered. Dire! Oh and I'm not a West Ham fan by the way......

Totally Frank: The Autobiography of Frank Lampard
Totally Frank: The Autobiography of Frank Lampard by Frank Lampard (Hardcover - 14 Aug 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01