on 3 September 2005
Chelsea are my team and to me JT is THE man. However I have to say that even as a devotee this book is pedestrian to say the least.
Football biogs come in two forms. Either the diplomatic no scandal types with game by game accounts or 'reveal all' tomes.
This is the first sort. There is nothing controversial therefore no real opinions or insights are given. Even the Adrian Mutu situation is skated over.
I do not blame JT for this, he is only 24 so still has a lot of years left in the game to go.
However I have to say that reading... "next saturday we were up against Newcastle. A great display by Robbie and composure by Big Pete at the back saw us run out comfortably..." 50 times is somewhat dull.
There are some minor insights as to what some people are like away from the cameras such as Carvalho's sense of humour, but most pages are taken up with potted match reports and JT saying how much he admires Jose (don't we all).
One for the devotees only.
on 25 August 2005
this book was great for me as i am obsessed with chelsea and love them to pieces. However if you are just a mere followwer of chelsea then this is not the book for you. It gives you blow-by-blow accounts of every game and a unique insight into the dressing room. Overall it is a great book-JT clearly has some talent as a writer. I would recommend it to anyone.
on 13 September 2005
I am a huge JT fan, and thought this book was outstanding.
He is proud and he has done Chelsea proud, I hope they continue this season as well as the last.
Anyone who is a true chelsea fan will love this book.
on 21 March 2006
This book will sell Shedloads (excuse the pun)because John Terry cannot put a foot wrong. It is well written and reasonably engrossing but I could not help feeling that the reader does not get any closer to John Terry the man. Perhaps they are saving that for the real autobiograpy. In the meanwhile a candid interview with Terry appears in The Special Ones - Chelsea By The Fans - by far the best Chelsea book on the market.
on 15 November 2005
John Terry has went from strength to strenght at Chelsea. He started as just a young lad and has risen to the heights of Chelsea captain and England centre half. This book follows his career, every match last season and every emotion that was felt in Chelsea's premiership winning season. With colour photographs this is a must for football fans and terry fans.
on 23 November 2007
I enjoyed this book because it is a good book and it is well written. I relly like the part where chelsea beat charlton for the premiership.
It is a good read for anyone who likes football and not just chelsea.
on 28 August 2005
This book shows a good insite into what happened to chelsea durin last season. It also is quite humours especially when describing his superstitions. definatly one to read even if your not a chelsea fan.
XxCarlyxX