5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy
I can't help but continue to love Innocent.

Lets be fair, smoothies aren't cheap - especially these ones. Unlike other companies which would rather keep their recipes under lock and key, possibly with a small gnome guarding said key, here's a book of almost every smoothie they do and will no doubt release.

Wonderfully written, friendly, informative...
Published on 20 July 2007 by Ms. N. L. Layfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book
But took over a month to arrive, good selection of recipes easy to do at home, different varieties , worth the money
Published 7 months ago by Yvonne99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy, 20 July 2007
This review is from: Innocent Smoothie Recipe Book: 57 and a Half Recipes From Our Kitchen to Yours (Paperback)
I can't help but continue to love Innocent.

Wonderfully written, friendly, informative with handily little pockets of information thrown in. Fear not if you're new to idea of smoothies (or even vegetables), Innocent tell you exactly what you need to get started, including recommendations. There's even a list of all the fruit and veg used in the recipes and what goodness they contain.

I've yet to buy a juicer and can still do over half the recipes in this book and there's a great variety of them. From kids drinks to posh stuff, helping to ease travel sickness to breakfast 'thickies', there's sure to be something to suit your mood and taste.

So, if you're wanting to have great tasting smoothies, you can't go wrong with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, 26 Dec 2006
S. Crawford - See all my reviews
Not much to say other than Excellent Book. It's very light hearted, great humour and we have tried about 4 recipes to date and they were all really good. I would recommend this to all my friends and if you're looking to start making smoothies for the first time I couldn't think of a better book to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 29 Jan 2007
M. Turner (Essex) - See all my reviews
I have been a fan of the Innocent range of smoothies for ages but paying £1.75 per bottle was beginning to get to me so I decided to invest in this book and a smoothie maker to save me a few quid long term and after a week or so I am very pleased.

The recipes are great, with a good variety of ingredients used in case there are some you can't get hold of or don't like.

In addition to the headings you would expect to find (smoothies, thickies, juices) there are also a couple of other helpful sections; Posh Stuff uses slightly more sophisticated ingredients (Cherry & Dark Chocolate a particular favourite of the girlfriend) and the chapter that recommends a particular smoothie for certain occasions is also very helpful (Orange, Mango & Lime to wake you up, Prunes & Nutmeg to get things moving!)

All in all a grear book that makes getting your 5-a-day fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a Smoothie convert!, 5 April 2008
I have never really liked smoothies, milkshakes etc but as part of a healthy eating plan, thought I would be better snacking on these than crisps! This book is great, it has a good selection of both smoothies and juices and also a good insight on which fruit to use and what they are good for etc. It is very well written and has some delicious recipes- yes delicious! One thing to mention is that you will need both a smoothie maker and a juicer if you want to make all the recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smoothie fiend, 5 Jun 2006
D'Arcy "K" (nr London, UK) - See all my reviews
I was given this as a gift and went straight out and got myself a juicer. After a bad day there is something very satisfying about murdering carrots, apples and even broccoli! A wonderful selection of gorgeous, unlikely combinations, for grown ups and kids and they are so nice that they ought to be really naughty - 'cept they're not!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoothie Dreams, 11 Jun 2006
M. Haw (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
I LOVE this book. After buying cartons of Innocent Smoothies, it is a joy to actually make the smoothies myself each morning! I haven't bought a juicer as yet, but have bought a blender and followed their instructions of just using pressed apple juice for now. I love the quirky way the book is written, and have had a few giggles with them. Easy to follow recipes and lots of good hints and tips. A much more exciting to way to get your 5 a day than munching through apples! This book is a must have! Well done Innocent!

5.0 out of 5 stars smashing, 10 April 2006
This book is great. At last I have found a smoothie book that does not just concentrate on bananas. The recipes are easy to follow, and they taste just like the drinks that you buy in the shops. I have only had the book since Saturday and already I have tried about 10 of the recipes.
The book is simply fantastic and is a must for lovers of great tasting fruit drinks. I especially love the recipe for vanilla, honey and yoghurt thickie.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one you've been waiting for, 4 Jan 2002
By A Customer
I am sick to the back teeth of weird Californian wannabe doctors trying to get me to drink cabbage juice three times a day. I want this book instead. Great recipes, wicked design, boat loads of practical info and some hidden gags to boot. If you're hungover; if you want to get healthy; if you want to get drunk without the hangover in the first place or if you just want something interesting to read; this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book... a real investment!, 20 Jan 2008
E. V. Abbott "libbymoo" (somerset, england) - See all my reviews
A great book!! Just the right size and jam packed full of not just recipes but also great advice on the produce needed and equiptment etc.
I'm also going to directly disagree with the previous reviewer and say that I cannot believe that from the very first recipe I attempted it tasted as great (if not better!?) than the shop bought innocent faves!! Plus living in the country has not hindered me one bit in finding the ingredients, a mixture of supporting a local fruit 'n' veg traders shop and anything unavailable from there (i.e. out of season) can be found in all large-ish supermarkets all year round.
So so sooooo pleased with the book I want to pass it around to my friends, but at the same time don't want to be without it, so will be buying them for birthdays and christmas!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Make your own innocent smoothies, 14 Dec 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 5:51 Mins

I have long been a huge fan of innocent smoothies and rarely do a supermarket shop without picking up at least one bottle or carton of their products. But, lovely as they are, they don't come cheap.

I have tried making my own smoothies in the past but have never quite gotten them right and although they have tasted nice they were more like a thick gloup than a pleasant drink. So after finding this book of Innocent smoothie recipes it seemed sensible to give it a go.

I've tried around 1/4 of the recipes in the book and the results from every single one have been excellent. The recipes are so simple to follow - no weighing or messing about, just something like 1 apple, 2 oranges, 1 banana. Even I haven't been able to muddle up my quantities! In the introduction they tell you not to get hung up on quantities, to use your instinct and if it feels right just add it to the recipe. I have followed this advice and come up with some equally good new smoothies of my own.

There is one recipe to a page and a photograph on each page. Unfortunately there aren't that many photos of the smoothies themselves but to be honest, one looks very like another with just a small difference in colour. So instead they have beautiful shots of fresh fruit and some comical shots also, one has a girl with a chilli moustache.

At the beginning of the book there is a clear introduction to the art of making smoothies and suggestions for equipment that is required. I like that they have recommended equipment that doesn't cost the earth - the juicer they suggest is around £30.

There are also many other pages in the book that add interest - some humorous - I loved the 'check your pee colour' page (although I admit that I haven't actually tried to colour match mine). There were some lovely messages about taking time to enjoy your life, some suggestions of how to get fit whilst using fruit and a page dedicated to informing you about the charitable Innocent Foundation.

All in all, there are a wide variety of easy to follow, very delicious smoothie recipes interspersed with the fun and humour that you associate with the Innocent brand.

Innocent Smoothie Recipe Book: 57 and a Half Recipes From Our Kitchen to Yours