5.0 out of 5 stars Hope has come
Published on 21 Aug. 2006 by B. Case

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy both the handbook and the diet book
The Handbook and the PCOS diet book by the same authors contain extremely similar content. Buy either one of them but not both!
Published on 5 Aug. 2007 by the mousie

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy both the handbook and the diet book, 5 Aug. 2007
This review is from: The Ultimate PCOS Handbook: Lose Weight, Boost Fertility, Clear Skin and Restore Self-esteem (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope has come, 21 Aug. 2006
B. Case (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
Having been diagnosed with PCOS at the hospital a week ago, the issue was brushed aside and not discussed at all. I've just finished reading this book (first time through; it will become well-thumbed) and I feel SO encouraged, hopeful, alive, motivated, in control. It explains everything you need to know about how to manage PCOS and a million things that I had no idea were connected, but that in fact answers a lot of unasked questions. The Handbook is a brilliant reference book with many ideas and life-boosting tips. It makes you face the seriousness of the condition (no one told me it had long term health implications), but with courage, and lets you 'take ownership' of it. I'm so so so pleased with this book and it has already helped me. (One small negative - it has been carelessly proofread).

5.0 out of 5 stars A Godsenf for PCOS sufferers, 26 Oct. 2006
This book was easy to follow and extremely informative. It is written by PCOS sufferers and this is evident in the empathy that comes across.

It is a guide to living with PCOS dealing with the symptoms and an action plan for improving your health. Absolute essential for all PCOS sufferers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 1 July 2007
Jo (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Great book on PCOS, I changed my diet/lifestyle after reading this got my period within a month then following three months in total I am pregnant. It explains everything and gives peoples experiences and motivates you to keep positive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life, 20 Oct. 2014
This book is fantastic. When I was originally diagnosed with PCOS at 21, I had a whirlwind of emotions. I was relieved to find the cause behind my insecurities but gutted when I was told I may not ever be able to have children. There was so much I wanted to understand about the condition but I didn't know where to start looking. Then I found this book. It is written really well and clearly goes through the symptoms of PCOS at different life stages. It has lots of great advice on how to minimise symptoms and promote weight loss, fertility etc. After trying many of the ideas in the book, I ended up loosing 2 stone, controlled my menstrual cycle and regained some confidence. I got the surprise of my life 6 months later when I found out I was pregnant (we weren't actively trying at the time)! I was worried about how PCOS would affect my pregnancy and the risks of miscarriage etc. However, this book was the perfect support through it all and I now have a happy toddler who is our absolute world. I just wanted to share my story so that for anyone overwhelmed by their diagnosis or at the start of their journey can find some hope. Buy this book! It changed my life :)

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing. . ., 25 Jan. 2010
Mrs. R. Oliver (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book after being diagnosed with PCOS 5 years ago, it's better then most books i've read but it's too generalised on 'PCOS and obesity'.

I am 27, 57kg (8.11 stone) and have no periods, I am not overweight, i eat a healthy diet, not much processed foods and excerise 3/4 times a week however the last two years my hormone imbalance has sky rocketed.
Im cuttently undergoing fertility treatment as i do not ovulate so the general attitude of 'lose weight, live by a low GI diet and exercise' isnt a varied enough approach to PCOS. There's lots of areas not covered by these PCOS books. What can i do to help lower androgens, what are the risks of prolonged hormone imbalances if any and what help is available from the NHS / third party therapies or foods? Do symptoms get better after menopause? etc etc

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have PCOS you need this book, 5 Aug. 2009
This book was like a lifeline to me- so much information but not an overload of technicalities- just common sense and practical advice and information. I felt so much more informed and positive after reading it. I now have a full understanding of this condition and have made really positive lifestyle changes from reading this.
It made me realise how inadequate the health service has been in informing women about PCOS because this gave me so much informative advice. The section on support groups has also proved invaluable. Thank you Collette Harris et al!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book to buy, 12 Mar. 2010
Ms. S. J. Byrne "sam" (england) - See all my reviews
I bought this book within a day of finding out i have pcos as i'd never heard much about this condition before. It explained everything to me and has helped me no end when i went back to the doc's i was able to explain all my symptoms and because of this book found out hat alot of things that have mad me feel rubbish like my battle with weight, hairs growing where they shouldn't be, bloating, sex drive everything was related to pcos. Taking the hints and tips from this book ive managed to lose some weight slowly but surly its coming off ive had 2 periods in 2 months on the same days (this has never happened to me before) anybody who has just found out about pcos cause have it or even a family member/partner etc have got it read it i can show my boyfriend that when i get into bed and cry or feel embrassed about wearing certain clothes maily swim wear because if the hair i can show him its not his fault or mine. im still struggling with the sytoms the horror stories but knowing that im making the changes i need to and am seeing a change makes me happy and confident im going to beat it, this book showed me that.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 25 Mar. 2008
I have been recommended this book and it did not disappoint, a great eye opener and having followed it I am definitely feeling the benefits 3 months later. If you have PCOS you need this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars PCOS sufferer review, 26 Jun. 2007
Well... anyone with PCOS MUST have this guidebook! Whatever path you take to easing the symptoms ect... is covered here and also the tips and handy hints this book provides gives you that extra confidence to try something to make you feel better when you feel like maybe nothing will work!! I reccomend this as a VERYYYYY good book to have!