5.0 out of 5 stars My husband likes some of the soups too
Published on 24 July 2008 by A reader

2.0 out of 5 stars The Big Healthy Soup Diet
Published on 15 Jan 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband likes some of the soups too, 24 July 2008
This review is from: The Big Healthy Soup Diet: Nourish Your Body and Lose up to 10lbs in a Week (Paperback)
I have an all too healthy appetite which at over 50 means weight gain. I love sugar in all forms and have been hungry on other diets but not this one. I ate probably larger than recommended portions and over 14 days I lost 10lbs. What's more my husband was happy to eat some of the main meals too e.g. Malaysian Laksa and we still use the ones he likes. I have managed to keep most of this weight loss off for 5 months since doing the diet strictly and I don't exercise although I know I should. A few recipes are a little bland but they do work. I found the suggestions for breakfast particularly helpful and tasty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Health in a bowl, 3 Jan 2006
I received this book as a Christmas Gift and couldn't wait to get started with the recipes after the over-eating festivities. I suppose this book appealed to me as I love making soup, so new recipes and a list of the benefits of specific food groups was of interest. Linda Lazarides backs up the claims with sound quoted research. If you are a fan of one-pot cooking as I am, want to have more energy, lose weight healthily, then you will love this book. Linda's website is also worth viewing.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Big Healthy Soup Diet, 15 Jan 2006
By A Customer
Well what can I say other than I'm very disappointed. I love trying different diets out, always hoping to shifts those few extra pounds, and I love soup so when I saw this book I thought what a perfect combination and healthy too!! The New Year arrived and off I went to various shops to buy the various ingredients for the four day mini detox, bought myself a hand blender and was ready to go. Day one, breakfast was nice, lunch not so nice and dinner was yuk. This pattern didn't get any better. I completed the four days vowing to never again eat Water Release Soup,(in truth I wouldn't choose to make any of the soups listed in this section again), I jumped optimistically onto the scales only to find that I had gained a pound in weight. Not the desired result. Anyway, I may try some of the other recipes, but I can honestly say that, so far, some of the soups have been both time consuming and fiddly to make, and none of the end results have not been worth the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 9 Sep 2013
Mrs. E. Green (UK) - See all my reviews
The variety of recipes are brilliant and tasty, they can be made anytime just for the taste.
It is just what I wanted and needed. Delivery was on time. The purchase price was right. The postage price was acceptable

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Aug 2013
I love this book even for the recipes, however, it give common sense advice on how to lose weight that will be sustained

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading., 24 April 2014
Thought I was buying a recipe book, but this is full of endless chapters on nutrition, which I already know, and very few recipes.I wish I could send it back, but I will give it to the charity shop.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice recipes, 6 Mar 2013
This is very useful book for someone wanting to lose weight with plenty of information. I have tried several of the recipes and they are very nice. I cannot recommend the diet as I have not done it yet but I have read it and may try it once back off holiday. book worth having to give support for weight loss.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Oct 2014
It's just like any other soup recipe book

3.0 out of 5 stars soup soup, 6 May 2013
K. A. Sweeney - See all my reviews
found it long winded okay if you no about nutrition and facts . I don't just confussed me . but I aint got much of a brain . I like easy to read books that I can understand .sorry this went over my head

4.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, 28 Aug 2009
E. DIGNAN "eileenj" (UK) - See all my reviews
Love this book. I was looking for easy recipes for healthy soup to be able to take in to work and freeze.
Recipes are straightforward - taste great and the
"science" behind her food plan make good sense as I suffer from water retention.

The Big Healthy Soup Diet: Nourish Your Body and Lose up to 10lbs in a Week