4.0 out of 5 stars actually a great book!, 17 Jun 2006
downkiddie "downkiddie" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: First-time Gardener (Hardcover)
To be honest, I had my doubts about some of Kim's gardening projects when she first came on the scene. I liked her as a pop star, but I felt she got ahead in gardening a little too quickly. But with this book she proves herself. Enthusiastically written, full of sound ideas and excellent advice, this book is an enjoyable read for experienced and novice gardeners alike. She covers everything from basics to the current boom in architectural plants. Like all gardening books some of the photos are from archives and you see them everywhere, but there's plenty of inspirational stuff in there too make it a nice coffee table book. All in all I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book for Beginners!, 16 Jun 2012
This review is from: First-time Gardener (Hardcover)
I bought my own copy of these book after borrowing from the library as I found it really helpful, inspirational and it gives clear instructions which even a complete novice like me can understand. Would recommend it as not too technical like some books but gives enough information so you dont get just a snippet recommendation which you then need to research elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, 28 April 2014
This review is from: First-time Gardener (Hardcover)
It's great when you manage to find exactly what you are looking for.

I am a complete beginner to gardening and I was looking for something that would teach me the basics and this book managed to do that as well as wetting my appetite to take my interest to the next level. I am no spring chicken and my front garden is tiny and all I have at the back of my rented house is a small yard, but I am managing to tinker around a little with the little that I have.

It's encouraging too to think that Kim Wilde was once a complete novice too and has managed incredibly to forge a second career for herself. There is hope for us all. My interest in all things horticultural is new and fun and who knows where it can take me in the future.

This is written in an easy reading style, it is helpful, encouraging and there are a few chuckles along the way. It has certainly encouraged me to plod on regardless of whether I will one day manage to get myself a garden bigger than a postage stamp!

If you are interested in gardening, this is just the thing to help you along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Nov 2014
excellent for beginner

5.0 out of 5 stars GARDENING with KIM WILDE, 11 April 2006
This review is from: First-time Gardener (Hardcover)
I read the book few days ago, i have to tell you its one of the best "Gardening book"There is, especialy for the begingers but Don't stop there, if you even a Proffesional Gardner this book realy inspires you to do more, very nice illustrated book Kim wilde shows step by step what you can do to make your Garden better place, Who can know better about "ART and FAIRYLAND" then Pop Star-Gardening guru Kim Wilde who have seen the World -im so impressed to learn from someone like her who knows so much and willing to share it with the world.

First-time Gardener
First-time Gardener by Kim Wilde (Hardcover - 3 April 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01