5.0 out of 5 stars Best book for recepies that are 'free from'
Published on 27 Jan 2007 by Lejla Somun-Krupalija

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
Published 23 months ago by R. Dubsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book for recepies that are 'free from', 27 Jan 2007
Lejla Somun-Krupalija "bookrunner" (Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking Without Made Easy: Recipes free from added Gluten, Sugar, Yeast and Dairy Produce (Paperback)
This book was a life saver in our home. My daughter is on a gluten, casein and sugar free diet and I am on an anti-Candida diet. Until this book we ate free from meals poorly adapted from the originals that we were not allowed to eat. The Cooking Without Made Easy gave us instant, simple dishes, that taste great, do not require expensive or delicatessen ingridients. Also for shopping outside UK, for international readers, this is very easy to follow. What I also like about the book is that every time there is an ingredient that one might be allergic to it is considered optional or an is alternative provided. There is a variety for vegetarian meals, and a very good selection of meat meals.

Among all the books I have purshased in the last two years, this is the best ever and almost every page is marked with a favourite tick. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruby wedding cake enjoyed by all!, 22 Sep 2008
L. J. Davis - See all my reviews
"Cooking without made easy" arrived just in time for me to hand it to our daughter for her to cook our Ruby Wedding anniversary cake for the small family celebration we were having. She baked the rhubarb and vanilla cake, and instead of icing it she covered it with pink rose-petals. It looked good, and tasted delicious! In fact all the family enjoyed it, and now our granddaughter age 9 is looking forward to trying other recipes for me.

Until I bought this book, our family and friends would ask me to bring food for myself to any celebrations, as I am allergic to wheat and sugar (painful blisters on my lips)while milk products only set off an upset tummy and mild eczema. At last, people can make make me a treat which they can enjoy cooking and eating too. So far I have not needed to use the book myself, but am sure I could use several of the recipes in spite of my ill health, low energy and lack of culinary skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 27 April 2006
This book really was more than a cook book to me; it was an inspiration especially when I read the introduction. I have now vowed to change my diet, using the 'Cooking Without' recommendations and recipes, to improve my life and it really has made a difference. 'Cooking without made easy' is a fantastic book to complete the trilogy of the 'Cooking Without' series, all of which are an asset to any kitchen. The fact that those with or without a specific diet to adhere to can enjoy the recipes is a credit to the book, as all recipes are tasty with simple to follow instructions. The desserts, cakes and biscuits are so delicious that I have surprised many a guest to my house when I tell them that there is no sugar or milk in the ingredients! Hopefully this book and the trilogy will change others lives as it has changed mine. I have recommended this book and others in the series to many friends and family and highly recommend it to you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 5 Oct 2012
R. Dubsky - See all my reviews
Mistakenly thought I could use this to help my change to a primal diet - no way. Lots of non-primal content and although much of that could be swapped out, much cannot be. Lots of corn, rice and fruit juice. That combined with somewhat unexciting recipes, preceded by lots of ideological stuff about guiding your soul etc, means this was a completely wasted purchase for me.
A content page preview would have helped me know this before buying, but there was none available.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank you for this book!, 3 Nov 2005
By A Customer
I've spent the past four weeks scouring supermarket labels and health food stores for something to eat (I'm meant to be avoiding wheat, dairy and sugar)- I'm fed up with houmous and oat cakes! Most of the books I've read include recipes requiring masses of weird-sounding ingredients and complicated instructions. This book really does keep it simple, with many recipes requiring no more than six or eight ingredients. It covers the whole range of meal types, from soup and dips through snacks and main courses, to desserts and cakes (difficult to find when you're avoiding added sugar).
Sadly there's no bread recipe, which is the thing I most want to find (bought bread substitutes and baking mixes are expensive and horrible). I could have done without the first 26 pages of personal testimonies and stuff about 'uncovering your life path',which I lost patience with quite quickly - I was really only interested in the food!

4.0 out of 5 stars No going without with this book !!, 7 Sep 2009
Joanna Knox "cooking mamma" (Bingham, England) - See all my reviews
The book opens with some insight into the journeys the author and some of her clients have been on in their search for better health and well being.This is quite interesting and could offer guidance on a more holistic level. The recipes are given in imperial and metric. Ingredients are listed in order of use and there is no special equipment needed beyond the usual kitchen stuff. There are however some specialist ingredients most of which can be found either at local supermarkets or health food stores. The list of suppliers at the back is useful as are the rescourses.I personally would have liked a few more pictures of the finished dishes, however I appreciate that this would put the price up, which incidentally I think is very good. I have made a few recipes and they have all been very tasty and easy to accomplish. I am not following this way of eating to the letter yet however i am working towards the necessary changes.Hope this is useful and happy cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver, 28 Aug 2006
S. Reeves - See all my reviews
This book was a real "life saver" for me when my husband was diagnosed with candida problem (which we had never heard of) and was put on yeast, dairy & sugar free diet. To start with some of the receipies were out as they contained tomatoes, which were on the band list but the book gave me ideas and pointed me in the right direction and the suggested alternative ingrediants were very useful. He is now a lot better but we still use the receipies - they are all quick and easy and never fail to taste wonderful. Two friends have recently been diagnosed with wheat, glutten & dairy allergies and I have bought them copies of this book which has become their bible! If you love bread (like my husband)but can't have yeast try soda bread!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 2 Nov 2010
Loads of different receipes and ideas for those of us that suffer with IBS or have various other conditions that make eating "normal" food a real pain at times. Loads of good receipes from main meals through to sweets and breads. Highly recommend to those on restricted diets

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and delicious recipes, 4 Jun 2010
I've had a dairy intolerance for years and developed a wheat intolerance earlier this year. A friend gave me this book and it's just fantastic! There are loads of delicious recipes that are quick and easy to make. Some of the ingredients need to be bought from a specialist shop but if you have intolerances you'll be going to those shops anyway. It was so nice to see that intolerances do not mean a restricted and boring diet. With Indian, Thai, Moroccan and European dishes to choose from you won't get bored with food any time soon. I highly reccommend this gem of a cook book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 23 April 2010
E. Dixon - See all my reviews
Great variety of foods inside, and the start has peoples stories which were very interesting. I have only tried a few receipes so far but cant wait to try more very soon :) Happy cooking!

8.39