5.0 out of 5 stars A must for newly weds!
Published on 13 May 2007 by Mrs. L. Andrews

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of an eye opener!
The author comes across a but harsh but ultimately she does get to the bottom of a situation. She enables you to see what a person is unhappy with mirrored from the other persons perspective and they opened my eyes!!
Published 20 months ago by ljluk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for newly weds!, 13 May 2007
Mrs. L. Andrews "Poodle Mad" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands: What Successful Marriage Is Really About (Paperback)
I read this book in one sitting. I considered myself happily married but always had the usual gripes about my husband not being romantic enough, blah, blah, blah. Reading this book has been a revelation, it opened my eyes to the fact that I have a wonderful husband, and although he doesn't buy me flowers all the time he always washes up, runs my bath, etc., etc., which according to this book is his way of showing me he loves me. I have been taking him granted for so long, I'm just lucky he's stuck around long enough for me to find this book. It's not all about losing 'power', if anything treating your husband with more respect will actually give you more power because with a little respect and appreciation your husband will be willing to walk through fire for you. Can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good!, 3 Aug 2004
By A Customer
This book has many practical ways of dealing with your husband. It gets you to take look at your own behaviour and change yourself. Some would think it is old fashioned and anti-feminist but I think it is pro women. If you take just one piece of advice from the book it will change your life. Truely inspiring, entertaining and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper Care of Husbands, 22 Sep 2009
What an insight this woman has. She says all those things a man wants to say to his wife but cannot articulate in case he upsets her. Every woman unhappy with her man should read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Guide To Marriage, 24 Mar 2006
This book is a revelation - ALL women should read this whatever their circumstances. Feminists, at first glance, may baulk at the notion of this book. However, this book tells a few home truths about both genders and would be useful for anyone who has or had relationship problems.
The book is really easy to read, with lots of real-life examples, and is worth more than its weight in gold!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Wish it had been written years ago, 31 Mar 2004
Lenore Garza - See all my reviews
This excellent book should had been published years ago. It would have helped avoid many difficult moments in my marriage.
My sister is reading it now, and loves it and my 27 year old daughter is getting a copy also.
I highly recommend it, because it helps women understand men’s reactions and shows how a woman can get better results without nagging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting, 9 Mar 2013
Not like any other relationship/self help type books I've read.
Looks at marriage and relationships from a males perspective and made me think long and hard about how I treat my husband.
I'd always considered myself a bit of a feminist and downloaded this book more out of curiosity because of the title than anything else but id highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Turning destructive feminist theories on their head!, 3 Feb 2013
I've really benefited from the refreshing perspective this book offered. I'd recommend all wives to read it! How to be a team in a marriage, rather than all about me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Encouragement, 10 Oct 2011
This was a book that was very easy to read, with lots of real life examples to ponder if you learn better that way. As per some of the lower scores this is an American author and for those of us who have grown up with mainstream feminism it grates alittle in places, but that is all healthy. I found some of the situations covered reflected some of my pet gripes so have rethought a few things. We all need the reminders to appreciate our differences and each other. The kind of book you can just pick up and read a section and have abit of food for thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my way of thinking for the better, 24 May 2007
This book has changed my way of thinking and opened my eyes. I have been married for almost three years, and very happily too (although not without disagreements, I hasten to add). However, by reading this book, I found that there are ways that I can improve my marriage too. I cook, I clean and generally try to be a good wife. However, I can see that with familiarity you can begin to take each other for granted, try to get your own way all the time, not make the effort and forget to impress or dress up for your husband. It showed me that feeding your husband is much more than having food ready for him each evening. It is about making HIM your No.1 priority !!!!

As another reader said, the book is worth its weight in gold and I couldn't agree more. I will now be passing this book to my mother, as I often find my father confiding in me about `lack of respect' from my mother. I have been witness to my mother always raking up the past, dangling past failures in front of my father, constantly complaining and undermining him by calling him `stupid' at every opportunity. Never the other way around. I hope it does something to mend her ways after more than 30 years of marriage.

5.0 out of 5 stars much needed eye-opener, 10 Jan 2005
A. Adepoju - See all my reviews
Dr Laura does not hold anything back in this book. Marriage is serious business and it needs work to survive. I'm not yet married but 'Feeding' has helped me take a cold hard look at my expectations re the man I choose to marry and my role in the marriage covenant. Dr Laura speaks very frankly and I sometimes felt like a bucket of cold water was being dumped on me...a real wake-up call. I recommend this to women who are serious about making their marriage work.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›