5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent veggie cooking for busy people.
This book is wonderful. I've been vegetarian for 23 years, since I was a child, but I've always lived on meat free convenience food. I thought it was time I got healthy, so I bought this book. It does as it promises to do, offering recipes which are quick to prepare. It's divided into sections; bread, dairy, pasta, pulses, fruit and veg. There's...
Published on 27 Jan 2006 by Lucy Lavande

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed
Published on 14 Oct 2011 by cathscat

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 14 Oct 2011
This review is from: Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes (Paperback)
I bought this at the same time as Rosie Elliots Bean Book which is great and I have owned her Pasta book for some years which is fab for great veggie dishes. I was a bit disapppinted in this book as it feels more dated than it is - maybe the photos don't help? I might have been more enthusiastic if I hadn't got the bean book at the same time. On the plus, the recipes are easy to follow, very varied covering starters, mains and desserts and do not use lots of complicated, hard to source and expensive ingredients. I will probably use it, just not as much as the Bean Book and Pasta Book

1.0 out of 5 stars Bland recipes, 17 Mar 2008
This review is from: Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes (Paperback)
I love food. In fact, to me, there's no point in eating something unless it tastes good. I also enjoy cooking, but sadly this book didn't live up to my expectations and I was extremely disappointed with the results. The recipes, far from taking the advertised half an hour to cook, took a lot longer and some were fiddly and annoying to prepare. Furthermore, the end result was bland and didn't look anything like the pictures. Another point to note was that some of the recipes didn't even have pictures. Call me picky, but I like to see what I'm supposed to end up with (even if I fail). This book will be going to the local charity shop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good veggie book, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes (Paperback)
I've used this book before but lost it, and now I'm making all these great recipes again. Macaroni cheese is a favourite,

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book with some great recipes., 15 April 2013
This review is from: Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes (Paperback)
Our friends had a copy of this book and the recipes in it always proved to be very tasty. No surprise then that we have now invested in our own copy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic cookbook, 14 Sep 2009
D. Jessop (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes (Paperback)
I have several veggie books on my shelves but I recently bought this one having seen it at a friend's house. The recipes are nice and easy to make and follow, the pictures tempt you to try new things and they are ideal for the busy lives we all lead as the recipes only take a short time to make. Good everyday recipes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Mar 2009
This review is from: Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes (Paperback)
Not for an experienced cook. Maybe useful for a very young inexperienced vegetarian.

As a mature women who recently decided to stop eating meat I was looking for cooking without meat ideas. I am already very familiar with cooking basic cheese dishes and omelettes.

Unfortunately this cook book offered me no new ideas on vegetarian cooking

4.0 out of 5 stars good service by, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes (Paperback)
very interesting book, good service by seller

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes (Paperback)
I bought this along with 'Vegetarian Supercook' by the same author and have never been so disapointed with a purchase. Both books are simple and the recipies seem straiht forward , but the actual dishes are unappealing. I bought these books looking to be inspired into cooking decent, substantial meals and was left with not one dish i would even attempt. To include bread, salads and puddings in a book that is described as meals is misleading. Also thin on pictures , thats a personal prefferance but i do like to see whet im tryng to cook. Will be getting rid of both booka unfortunately.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 3 Aug 2007
Alys Crowley (Colchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes (Paperback)
I was very disappointed with this book. The colourful illustrations promised much, but every recipe I made was either rather bland, or else just tasted a bit odd. My husband agreed with me. In the end, we gave the book away to a charity shop.

1.0 out of 5 stars Vegetables make a late entry, 3 Mar 2009
This review is from: Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes (Paperback)
Rose Ellliot's Vegetarian Meals in Minutes was a disappointing buy. Of the six chapters, only one concentrated on vegetables. Bread, dairy foods, pasta, pulses (and possibly fruit) could not be considered suitable for entry into a book with that title.

Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes
Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Meals In Minutes by Rose Elliot (Paperback - 3 Jan 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01