5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Parenting Book I've Ever Read, 18 July 1998
By A Customer
This book is fantastic! I read a copy from the library last night, and today I feel I must have a copy of my own. I'm so excited about what these ideas will do for my family! I had heard of the "One Minute Reprimand" long ago, and loved the idea of reprimanding the child's behavior and not the child. By also including "One Minute Goal Setting" and "One Minute Praisings" this book presents a beautiful way for a family to live. Sometimes we think that our children automatically know how wonderful we think they are. They don't, and this book encourages you to tell them, while also not glossing over their misbehavior. I'm excited about this book! All my friends are going to hear about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars the best parenting book ever, 14 Jun 2006
This review is from: The One-Minute Mother (Paperback)
I read this while I was pregnant and twice since, it is absolutely superb, practical, sensible and easy and quick to read especially for a busy working mother (or father for that matter). I try to follow its advice, but as with all of these advice books, it is not as easy as it seems, but definiteley possible.

I am delighted you can get it now in the UK. I had to get mine with Amazon from the USA.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, quick read to help mothers deal better with their children., 13 May 2011
Mrs. Shravani Gupta (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The One-Minute Mother (Paperback)
Great, quick read to help mothers deal better with their children. It states some simple tricks, which can incredibly powerful. My son is only 6, and I have spoken to him once about making a "one minute list". Of course given his age and attention span, he quickly forgot. But if I persist, I am sure that it will eventually make real sense to him.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book on teaching your kids self-discipline, 16 July 2003
By A Customer
I got this book because I thought it was about how to help children on an educational level, however I found its true contents a lot more useful--its a life lesson!
This is basically a dialogue between a soon-to-be mum and people who use this method of discipline. (I personally found this format quite irratating, hence only 4 stars)
It is a very quick read--it took me just over two hours and it was two hours well spent. I found the theroy easy to understand and it definately sounds like it would work (it will be at least another two years before I will be able to implement it as my baby is just a few months old).
I think is mainly aimed at teaching chldren from around 7 years plus, but the author does show how it could be adapted for a younger child of maybe 3 years and up, however, I dont think it would be effective at such a young age.
This method really sounds like it will help build self esteem for individuals and a strong family bond as well as teaching your children (and yourself!)good self discipline.

4.0 out of 5 stars The One-minute Mother (One Minute Manager), 3 April 2009
S. Madhekar - See all my reviews
This review is from: The One-Minute Mother (Paperback)
The book was delayed by a few days but it is great value for money and the condition is as described.

Thanks for the book

The One-Minute Mother
The One-Minute Mother by Spencer Johnson (Paperback - 11 Sep 2009)
8.02