5.0 out of 5 stars Poirot's swan song.
If you don't already know it, this is Poirot's last case.
I came across this book after I had read MANY other Poirot's cases and I was familiar with the surroundings. Lady Agatha takes us back to Styles Court, where we first met the little Belgian man with the egg shaped head. And so, the circle is closed.
This is, in my opinion, the most mature of Christie's...
Published on 3 Feb 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value
This book is good value for money but a bit different to other Agatha Christie novels. It makes the reader feel tinged with sadness at the demise of Hercule Poirot throughout; even though it has all the usual twists and turns.
Published 9 months ago by Joan Herdman

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Agatha Christie and have read all her books, 21 Sep 2014
I love Agatha Christie and have read all her books. Only reason this has four stars is because sadly it was her last one and Piorot is no more :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars End of an error, 6 Dec 2013
Haven't read the book yet. Have avoid watching it on TV( have it stored to watch later). When I'm ready to say goodbye to Poirot (god knows it took me long enough to pronounce his name) then I will settle down and read it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever plot but lacking in character development, 23 Oct 2011
I agree with a previous reviewer that Poirot and Hastings both behave in ways that are not quite believable, or true to their characters in the previous books, in this last Poirot novel. I think this is a creation by an author who was thoroughly fed up with her hero and wanted to get rid of him. I found it sad, because I love Poirot as a character - and I was also very disappointed at the way both Hastings and Poirot behaved (again, if you've read the book you'll know what I mean). Quite simply, I thought it was not quite credible. The plot is very clever but extremely unlikely. Of course, many of Dame Agatha's plots are unlikely, but I found this one slightly ridiculous. The references to "Othello" are very thought provoking, though. The book seems to have been a bit rushed - I know Agatha Christie is renowned for developing her characters only so far as she needs to, but I think a lot more could have been done with many of the characters in this book to make it more vivid and intriguing. It isn't a patch on "Death on the Nile" or "Five Little Pigs", for instance. Still, I enjoyed it and it made me read the plot of "Othello", if not the whole play!

Another thing I felt was that I didn't "recognise" Styles from "The Mysterious Affair at Styles" - it was like a different place completely. Of course, it was probably very different by then in the book's terms, having been made into a hotel - but I felt that perhaps more could have been done in description to make the reader feel that the action was really taking place in the same house as the original murder did - because all the way through I kept forgetting that the venue was supposed to be Styles...

On a different note, there are some errors in the layout on the Kindle - for instance, sometimes in dialogue, there is no new paragraph when a different person is speaking, as there should be, which made me confused a couple of times about which character was speaking. I didn't notice any spelling errors, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please read this book after other Poirot mysteries, 23 Jun 2011
Although you could read and enjoy this book without having read any earlier cases you will appreciate it more if you read it last. This is because the character of Hastings and Poirot is integral to the plot - but I wont say any more and spoil it for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars A superd Christie sequel...., 8 Sep 1999
By A Customer
I have read this book,The ABC Murders,The Murder of Roger Ackroyd(which to me is the best Christie book!),and I am currently reading Dumb Witness,all by Agatha Christie.This book is the last of Agatha's great books!I will read more of her books,but I was quite sad when Poirot finally died,it was sad,but he has always been succesful.
The story ends with Poirot on his sick bed,solving a crime that hasn't even been comitted yet.The way he solved this case was really...unorthodox.
A must book for anyone who loves mystery!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Oct 2014
Thanks for a super quick carefree service exactly what I wanted :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Nov 2014
Certainly not Agathas best but looking forward to watching the dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 26 Sep 2011
If you are a Hercule Poirot fan, this book is a must. His final case is very entertaining and as usual a good twist at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 16 Dec 2014
such a stunner

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Nov 2014
Good value

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

Curtain: Poirot's Last Case: Complete and Unabridged
Curtain: Poirot's Last Case: Complete and Unabridged by Agatha Christie (Audio CD - 19 July 2004)