5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!!!
As someone who's often used sugary foods in an attempt to boost my mood and energy levels, this book was a real eye-opener and I've found it incredibly helpful. It's easy to understand, unlike many of the jargon-laden diet books out at the moment, and when put in to practice it's highly effective.
At last my energy levels are on an even keel and I no longer find...
Published on 19 Feb 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read
I bought this book as I am trying to reduce the amount of sugar in my diet. This book is mainly focused on a low GI diet. Wish I had realised that before buying the book as have a book about that already. Easy book to read and follow some of the tips though.
Published 1 month ago by MC

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!!!, 19 Feb 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Sugar Addicts' Diet: See The Pounds Drop Off! (Paperback)
At last my energy levels are on an even keel and I no longer find myself craving sweets on an hourly basis as I have in the past. The recipes are also excellent, with meals the entire family can (and will!) enjoy.
Cannot recommend this book enough - its absolutely brilliant!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Textual Health Inspiration - Sugar Addicts Diet, 7 Jan 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Sugar Addicts' Diet: See The Pounds Drop Off! (Paperback)
This book has been a true inspiration to me.Over the last number of years I have been suffering from a plethora of symptoms. I went to my doctor who prescribed a variety of drugs none of which really seemed to solve the problems and when they did it was only for a short period of time. They always seemed to treat the pain but not the cause.
After some time these symptoms got considerably worse; so much so that they were beginning to effect my work and wellbeing - people were noticing. After checking the internet for a cure I came across the condition called Candida but I couldn't really find anyone who could advise as to how I could treat it. There were conflicts as to how this could be tested for and how it could be cured.My doctor was rather sceptical and just told me to keep taking the drugs.
Having seen this book and in a fit of desperation I purchased it. Knowing that one of the causes of Candida was sugar was an incentive to read it. What a revalation this book is!
To cut to the chase every page revealed more and more. I wasn't alone! There were lots of other people suffering pain - mentally and physically from what can only be described as sugar poisoning. The more I read the more I found out that sugar exacerbated other symptoms - such as Asthma. More importantly how to deal with the root cause of all these problems.
Since reading this book I've changed my diet - it's been difficult but I'm already beginning to feel the difference after a few weeks. Especially over Chritmas but it made the festive season more enjoyable!
My shopping habits have changed - my weight is going down - I'm able to start running again- I'm mentally more alert.
I can't believe how much of a difference this book has made. It
was able to answer all the questions I wanted to know and more. It's a real gem. This book has really made a difference to my life - both mentally and physically. I urge everyone to read it - it's not just for people who want to lose weight but a real guide to a healthier lifestyle.
Thankyou Nicki and Martha!
A healthier and cured Sugar Addict

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!!, 14 Dec 2004
This review is from: Sugar Addicts' Diet: See The Pounds Drop Off! (Paperback)
I bought this book for my wife. As a challenge she made me stick to the plan! I wasn't sure but it is making a difference. Its clear and really easy to follow - the section on explaining why we crave sugar was a real eye opener! We are on the 21 day plan now and it seems to be working....this book is a great find!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nope, 5 April 2014
Mrs. S. Mitchell "Msagain" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sugar Addicts' Diet: See The Pounds Drop Off! (Paperback)
Not easy to do and wasnt actually interested by the time I finished the book. I want my shopping list made out for me and I dont want to weigh or cook anything. You see most of us fatties want a miracle and not have to work at it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived faster than expected, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sugar Addicts' Diet: See The Pounds Drop Off! (Paperback)
There are some newer ditch the sugar diets on the market but this is the easiest to follow. This 2nd hand book was as described by the seller

5.0 out of 5 stars For Sugar addicts obviously a reccomended read, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sugar Addicts' Diet: See The Pounds Drop Off! (Paperback)
Good book well written have not finnished book yet but easy to read and hope to put into practice the advice given. Reccommend to anyone who thinks they eat to much sugar and white bread etc..and wonder why they can not break the habbit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, 9 Mar 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Sugar in the Wrong Trousers, 8 April 2008
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sugar Addicts' Diet: See The Pounds Drop Off! (Paperback)
Whilst there is some good info in this book, there can be few that think sugar is good for you. What concerns me is the info that is misleading- i.e. that canned tuna and peanut butter are foods we should eat. It also suggests supermarket foods, which are laden with bad guys. It's a book that any knowledgeable foodie with a sense of good diet could put together. Besides, it is repetitive and overlong, flabby around the middle like one suffering from sugar addiction!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sugar Addicts, 22 Aug 2013
C. J. Colley "bearshead16" (South Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sugar Addicts' Diet: See The Pounds Drop Off! (Paperback)
To be honest I never really took much notice of this book. Being a diabetic I am looking for sugar free drinks without that horrible taste. I gave it to a friend who was far more interested.

ARRAY(0xa9561810)

Sugar Addicts' Diet: See The Pounds Drop Off!
Sugar Addicts' Diet: See The Pounds Drop Off! by Nicki Waterman (Paperback - 6 Dec 2004)
5.70