4.0 out of 5 stars collins antique marks
as a pocket reference on "marks" this is by far the best I have seen, it covers ALL marks, unlike most which covers either metal or porcelain, this covers all. I only wish it was done in hard back !.
Published on 18 Oct. 2003 by Celia Pollitt

Published 12 months ago by Greybeard

4.0 out of 5 stars collins antique marks, 18 Oct. 2003
Celia Pollitt (wales. uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Hallmarks made easy, 15 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Antique Marks (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
This little book adds a new dimension to car-booting or browsing at antique fairs. Indeed, a chance to impress!

1.0 out of 5 stars The illustrations are poor and difficult to see and finding a specific mark ..., 10 July 2014
I ordered this to try and get an update of my ancient Bradburys Book of Hallmarks. Unfortunately it is poorly constructed and difficult to use. The illustrations are poor and difficult to see and finding a specific mark is very difficult. Even finding marks from the same area is difficult. No attempt has been made to give a comprehensive index which would have made this book much easier to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Little Gem, 23 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Antique Marks (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
This really is a little Gem of a book. I have used it nearly every weekend since I purchased it. So handy just to slip into a pocket, sometimes the dealers ask to borrow it, good value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars very handy little book, 6 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Antique Marks (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
I take this book to auctions or bootsales etc as its very small and easy to carry in my handbag. Has plenty of very useful information for the budding antique collector.

4.0 out of 5 stars small book, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Antique Marks (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
Small book filled with valuable information,pocket sized so easy for the bargain hunter to carry in the pocket., recommended for many uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars XMAS PRESENT, 31 Dec. 2009
LINDA "LDK" (NORTH EAST ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Antique Marks (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
Bought as a present for my son. He is delighted with the content of this book and will find it a very helpful reference guide. The seller provided me with a quick delivery and efficient service. From my experience, I would recommend purchasing from this seller.

3.0 out of 5 stars Need magnifying glasses to read it, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Antique Marks (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
Ok, it's a pocket edition, but I could never imagine it would be so small. It's nearly the size of an iphone. (Same height and about 1,5cm wider than an iphone5) I wear glasses and even so, nedded the help of magnifying lenses in order to read it, which makes the whole experience very uncomfortable. Go for a proper sized book if you have difficulty reading small (very small!) fonts. I will be returning the book and purchasing the kindle edition, so that I can zoom the text. If you are buying this book just to educate yourself at home, then consider buying the kindle edition instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, pocket sized reference, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Antique Marks (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
This was a birthday present for somebody who has an interest in antiques, particularly ceramics. She is always on the hunt for an overlooked gem in bric-a-brac and charity shops and of course, the ever multiplying car boot sales. This is a small, pocket sized book that can be kept in a handbag, pocket or purse for instant quick reference wherever needed. The content is surprisingly extensive and includes gold, silver hallmarks and ceramic marks. It was a good buy for very little money and got me several extra brownie points into the bargain! Delivery was quick as usual.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a little gem!, 4 Oct. 2012
P. Dewberry "Editor of www.thedailymews.com" (Nr Erith, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Antique Marks (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
I ordered this book because I collect various pieces of china and I wanted to know when the pieces were likely to have been manufactured. Whilst this book is indeed a little Gem, it didn't tell me what I wanted to know. There are lots of makers' marks but it didn't give me the details I wanted. One of its perks, however, is that being so small and not bulky, it's easily put into a pocket or handbag to reach out to check marks on silver, gold and platinum;Sheffield plate and pewter; and pottery and porcelain. So it is likely to fit the bill for someone!

Antique Marks (Collins Gem)
Antique Marks (Collins Gem) by The Diagram Group (Paperback - 2 Aug. 2004)