4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book with a nice little twist
Published on 19 Oct 2008 by Jasper

1.0 out of 5 stars Overrated
The only good point of this book is the cover. The cow with an egg with cow pattern. The story is nothing special and finish in a strange way.
Published 8 months ago by Mrs. X. Li

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book with a nice little twist, 19 Oct 2008
This review is from: The Cow That Laid An Egg (Paperback)
I got this book for my daughter who is nearly four. She loved it especially as she knows that cows don't lay eggs. I sweet story about a cow who thinks she isn't special and the chickens give her an egg one night without her knowing. She becomes famous and special. Her fresian coloured egg hatches and the chick says Moo and she becomes a mummy. Quirky drawings with quite a lot to take in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Endearing cow with an original touch, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Cow That Laid An Egg (Paperback)
Sometimes we want to be different, and then we suffer because we are different. This story shows that being different and being ordinary at the same time is normal. That every person or entity is just that - a combination of being extraordinary and ordinary; that by being who we are,is enough, but also, that we can live our dreams.
My grandsons loved "The cow that laid an egg" and just love the name of her off-spring, Daisy. They enjoyed the drawings and wanted for me to read the story over-and-over again. I bought all three books, but unfortunately did not have the opportunity to read "Best cow in show" or "First day at cow school", as they were Christmas presents for my neighbour's sons. She however assured me that they loved both books and had a lot of fun reading them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious picture book for children!, 10 Dec 2011
Mr T Niwa (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cow That Laid An Egg (Paperback)
My three and a half year old daughter frequently requests this book after seeing it on CBeebies bedtime stories. It tells the story of an underwhelmed farm cow called Marjorie who is down over the fact that nothing spectacular happens in her life. The chickens overhear her and plan something funny - they plant an egg and everyone believes that Marjorie the cow has laid it - including herself! Media attention and all-round applause abound and Marjorie receives the attention she has always longed for. Jealous of her new found fame, the other cows believe something fishy is going on and await the impending arrival of Marjorie's baby once hatched. What arrives is not what anyone expects. A hilarious picture book that has my daughter laughing each time it is read. We've also bought the next book in the series. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 24 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Cow That Laid An Egg (Paperback)
I bought this book because I thought it sounded fun for reading to my grandchildren. Well .... I love it! I roared with laughter when I read it, but still waiting for the grandchildrens' reaction, haven't had chance to read it to them yet. Fab story, lovely illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sure success, 1 Mar 2010
S. Suárez - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cow That Laid An Egg (Paperback)
Both my daughters (aged 2.5 and 5) fell in love with this book immediately, from the first read. The face expressions of the animals in the fantastic pictures and the story itself guarantees a good laugh. Didn't work too well for me as a bedtime story because it gets them worked up and they just want to hear it again and again, but fantastic to share a good moment with. A new favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 4 April 2014
This review is from: The Cow That Laid An Egg (Paperback)
Used this story to start a unit of work about the farm with 5 and 6 year olds. They loved it and it really got the debate started about what cows can do. Also fantastic for discussion about what makes us special. A very funny, well written story that would also appeal to older children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little story with a moral for all, 11 May 2013
Lovely little storey with a moral (but not a heavy one) I enjoyed reading it before passing on to the much younger owner lol!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 22 April 2013
This review is from: The Cow That Laid An Egg (Paperback)
i found this book in the book corner of the class i work in and had to read it. made me laugh so much i had to buy it. great illustrations and lovely book about looking after eachother and helping eachother. the children in the class love it. and the adults too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 1 Mar 2012
J. Garside - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cow That Laid An Egg (Paperback)
A wonderful, heart-warming tale of friendship (from the chickens to Marjorie the cow). A funny, and beautifully illustrated story that has become my 5 year old son's favourite book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Cow That Laid An Egg (Paperback)
Love it! Love it! LOVE IT!! MOOOOOOO!

I love this book so much, I bought 3 copies for birthday presents as well as a copy for my daughter. She loves it, her Daddy loves it and I love it! We want a chicken now too. Scrummy cow eggs for breakfast!

The Cow That Laid An Egg
The Cow That Laid An Egg by Andy Cutbill (Paperback - 1 July 2008)