5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Value for Money
I will give this book five stars- because it works for me. :-)

Published on 29 Aug 2009 by Umar

2.0 out of 5 stars Bandages rather than a Cure
I was disapointed with this book because it's only "band-aids" to temporarily make you feel better, it doesn't deal with the route causes of low self esteem or even begin to go in depth. It also could easily have been condensed into 200 pages instead of 367 because every page only has one tip which usually doesn't fill a 1/4 of it.

I can however highly...
Published on 25 July 2008 by D. Gaffney

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Value for Money, 29 Aug 2009
This review is from: Self Esteem Bible: Build Your Confidence Day by Day (Paperback)
I will give this book five stars- because it works for me. :-)

Some tips are common-sense/common-knowledge, while others are refreshingly innovative and/or offer new perspectives. For example, Tip 161, Surround yourself with stimulation, with a quote by David Freemantle, forced me to reflect on my own boring surroundings and daily routine, which had hitherto been in my 'blind spot'.

This title is not about a unifying strategy for dealing with low self-esteem. Rather, it presents little tactical manoeuvres to deal with the issue.

I would strongly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars self esteem bible., 2 Nov 2010
I haven't read the whole book yet, but so far its really helped me. There are little tasks to do in there to help you build your confidence which is something I lack! There are tips which you could say are common sense, but they are things you easily forget. I love the layout of the book, and it mentions the book 'feel the fear and do it anyway' by Susan Jeffers, which I purchased aswell, so can't wait to read that after!

5.0 out of 5 stars Self Esteem Bible - Gael Lindenfield, 17 Oct 2011
This book was recommended to me by my counsellor. It is very helpful in helping you to build your confidence, and along with other books by Gael Lindenfield, helps you to feel more confident and not feel so alone. It is a very indepth book that makes you think about how you think about yourself and not about how others perceive you.

4.0 out of 5 stars useful book, 23 Sep 2013
book is excellent in content and is good value for money.
It is used to help people get through bad times.

4.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 4 May 2013
I went with 4 stars because for me it helped . I'm not sure about the way it is set out . I would defiantly recommend this for anyone who is having a bad time in any part of their lives . it explains how people may loose their self esteem and gives you small tasks or quotes to help get you feeling good again , just reading it made me more aware of how other people make you feel and how to change that .

2.0 out of 5 stars Bandages rather than a Cure, 25 July 2008
D. Gaffney "Danielhbk" (Spain) - See all my reviews

I can however highly recommend a book called "Total Self Confidence" by Dr. Robert Anthony. That book is very in depth, really gets to the core reasons for low self esteem and gives lots of valuable exercises to repair it. It's an excellent book that has really improved my self confidence and esteem.

The Ultimate Secrets of Total Self-Confidence

3.0 out of 5 stars good tips, 7 Oct 2006
the book basically lists lots of things that you can do to increase your self esteem- she also suggests different ways of thinking and behaving in defferent situations. Some of the things you amy already know and are obvious and some things may not even be relevant to you. Its a good book to read to jot down a few useful tips and then you can pass it on to a friend.

2.0 out of 5 stars self esteem bible by gael lindenfield, 12 May 2009
Gael Lindenfield's Self-esteem Bible: Build Your Confidence Day by Day
didnt think much to the content of the book it lists 365 tips i personally didnt get much help from many of them. didnt do anything for building my confidence.

Self Esteem Bible: Build Your Confidence Day by Day
Self Esteem Bible: Build Your Confidence Day by Day by Gael Lindenfield (Paperback - 4 May 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01