Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 October 2012
None other than the great Welsh mind and poet that is Dylan Thomas with his mesmerising voice that draws you into his world and takes you on a journey of description and brilliance. Excellent
on 20 February 2013
There can be few who enjoy poetry who have not been deeply moved by works like Fern Hill. To hear them read by the author increases markedly their emotional impact. Not to be missed.
on 4 January 2013
A really good cd though admittedly not everyone's '"cup of tea". Great listening material. I recommend it to all ages! Well worth a listen.
on 9 May 2015
There is nothing like hearing the original work of the Poet who writes such flawless mastery in his own (literal) words, and to miss up on the opportunity to by this thing would be an unfortunate misfire of the worst kind.
He is among the greatest masters of wordplay in history, and it is an honour to be able to hear him recite his craft work the way he intended it to be heard.
on 5 July 2012
When I bought a couple of Dylan Thomas vinyls, him reading his poems like, I went who is this bleedin toff reading in a plummy BBC accent? Who stole the little runty Welshman? See, my excuse was I only had heard him in me head. All those books of his and biographies I read through the seventies. I could recite "Do not go gentle" and a fair chunk of "Childs Xmas". I loved the trickery of his words, the inverted poems, the shapes on the page that showed the brilliance of his mind, his craft and earthy humour. So I kind of imagined someone wheezier than Burton, but full of ale and rollicking his way through his work like a boar badger, smelly, more than a bit wild and certainly not someone you'd lend a fiver to and expect to see it return...But, damn the man. It is good hearing him recite his own work. You can hear how he wrote to be read, the emphasis on words that is richly vibrant. Just wish they would release him reading Under Milkwood. I am sure I had that on vinyl, it was good and it went missing. I use it in the car on longish journeys. Works for me and a lot of his work is still spell binding.
on 17 June 2015
Bought this for my husband who loves poetry and he thinks this is one of the best Dylan Thomas poetry gifts ever. He listens to it in the car and rates it very highly. Hearing Dylan Thomas reciting his own work gives the poetry a complete effect.
on 20 December 2014
The readings of 'In my craft or sullen art' and 'Over Sir John's Hill' alone are worth the price of this collection. These two readings are a quiet, anguished Thomas you don't usually hear.
on 6 January 2011
If you like the poetry of Dylan Thomas then you will love this. To actually here the great man himself reading his own poetry as he wrote it to be read! It adds a whole new aspect to the poem and you can hear the passion and power in his voice - many of the poems being read like a sermon.
on 19 July 2014
What's to say? The main man reading his own prose. If you like it, (& I do) ... it doesn't come better!
on 7 May 2015
You either like him reading his own stuff - or you don't.
It's not like Richard Burton reading Under Milk Wood - which is the all time best of any Dylan Thomas.