5.0 out of 5 stars A funny and charming childrens classic, 11 Jun 2008
This review is from: A Bear Called Paddington (Paperback)
Recently reintroduced to Paddington as my 8 year old daughter has been reading it. It made me laugh out loud - highly recommended particularly for young readers who don't like fantasy literature - Paddington is wonderfully real.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for kids, 9 Nov 2009
J. Scrimgeour - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Bear Called Paddington (Paperback)
I bought this book by accident, as I really wanted the picutre book for a 4 year old and this was too much text for her to read. But, I bought the picture book and gave her older sisters this book to read to her so she gets the whole store of Paddington Bear (taking British culture to the Americans) - she loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting...A Classic Tale, 2 Jun 2010
This review is from: A Bear Called Paddington (Paperback)
This is the story of a little brown bear called Paddington who has a fondness for marmalade sandwiches. Every story is delightful and it's amusing to read of how Paddington manages to get himself into all sorts of trouble as he tries to settle into his new life with the Brown's.
I still have this book in my collection and would still read it from time to time. Paddington along with Noddy and Pooh are the books which stand out most when I look back on my early childhood. Long before I was able to read my mum read these stories to me and it is because of books like this that I learned to love reading so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic childrens book, 8 Dec 2000
By A Customer
This is an absolute classic childrens book. I have been reading it to my three boys aged 8 and 4 each night. They really enjoy it and it is the one sure way to get them to bed with no fuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Mar 2009
R. Leslie (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This collection of Paddington Bear stories is lovely and Stephen Fry reads these classic stories in a highly engaging manner. My children (aged 4 and 6) had not come across Paddington before but often now request these stories to listen to in bed, the only disadvantage being that unlike a lot of their other stories on CD, they actually stay awake to listen to them! The Paddington stories have stood the test of time very well, and are just as good as I remember them being from my childhood (watching the cartoons on TV). The CDs are good value too, with well over 2 hours of playing time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Popular Paddington, 22 Oct 2010
This review is from: A Bear Called Paddington (Paperback)
Bought this for my six year old nephew and while he absolutely loved it it was a bit too old for him. It would be better suited to seven years and over I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bear Called Paddington, 9 Nov 2010
I bought this for my baby cousin as a present for his christening. This is a special edition book to celebrate 50 years of Paddington. It's a lovely hard back book with good quality pages, that's really good value.
I just hope my cousin will grow up to love Paddington as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Paddington, 10 July 2011
This review is from: A Bear Called Paddington (Paperback)
I have known the books about Paddington for ages. I bought this one as a gift. It's a shame these books are much less popular now than some 20 years ago, they are classics for children and adults, just like "Winnie the Pooh", my other favourite. A note: I am a grandmother now, I read Paddington to my children.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 29 Jan 2010
Jenni (Malaga, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Bear Called Paddington (Paperback)
One of my childhood favourites, I bought it on Amazon for a Spanish friend who has moved to the Paddington area in London and she is also hooked! Lovely to read to your kids or for the older ones to read themselves. A classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly charming combination of Fry and Paddington, 22 Jan 2010
Ann Currie (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
Having been given a Paddington bear each by their gran for Christmas, it was time to introduce my 3 year old twins to the delights of Paddington. When I saw it was read by Stephen Fry, I rubbed my hands with glee, as his reading of the Harry Potter saga is wonderful.

The CD arrived on Tuesday 5th January and it got us through a long journey home through the snow that night! I was so glad that we had the dulcet tones of Stephen Fry to listen to, very calming. I did think that it might be too "old" for my twins as the books are probably for 5-8 year olds but they love listening to it and ask for it again and again. The stories on Disc 2 seem especially popular, especially the one about Paddington's painting. My son is particularly taken with the way Jonathan says "crikey" all the time!

As you can probably gather, the CD is great hit with us grown ups too. I have been eyeing up the DVD of the TV series now...

A Bear Called Paddington
A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond (Paperback - 27 Mar 2014)