5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, timeless classic and funny; a very good present
Published on 5 Jun 2009 by CA

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book
Lovely illustrations. Nice story about tolerance and best friends. Mog annoys all the family but saves the day when she alerts them to a burglar.
Published 21 months ago by regan clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, timeless classic and funny; a very good present, 5 Jun 2009
CA (Basses Alpes, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
I loved this book when I was small and my three children have enjoyed it just as much. This and all the other Mog stories are firm favourites in our house and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a present for a child. Little ones will enjoy having it read aloud, and bigger ones will be proud to be able to read it themselves. The story is simply and clearly told as well as being very funny and well illustrated. I love Judith Kerr's observation of British life; the way the burglar joins Mr and Mrs Thomas for a cup of tea while the policeman takes notes is very amusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perennial favourite with good reason, 9 Mar 2005
ELH Browning "Esther-Lou" (Kingston Bagpuize, Oxon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
I loved this story as a child and I'm delighted now to see my children enjoying it with exactly the same illustrations. Both children think it is highly amusing when Mog forgets the most simple things and each time Mog does something that's a nuisance (like squashing the flowers in the window-box, or sitting on a hat) they like to shout out 'Bother that cat' with Mr and Mrs Thomas. Basically, in this story Mog foils a burglar through her forgetfulness and gets a medal. My three-year old son is big on cops and robbers and loves the pictures showing the archetypal storybook burglar - stripy jumper, flat cap, torch and a big bag for swag - and is delighted when the police show up. I'm more amused by the burglar sharing a cup of tea with the Thomas family post-arrest. A classic.
& if you enjoy Mog the Forgetful Cat, you might like to try the longer picture book Oakley: The Church Mouse for the same 1970s charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars loveable Mog, 22 Jun 2011
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
All the Mog stories are great. The words are at just
the right level. Judith Kerr's pictures are simple and appealing and children can relate to the homely situations. In this book poor old Mog is made again and again to feel she is a nuisance, but it all comes right in the end.
Some people call the Mog tales old-fashioned. Well,they have gentleness and warmth of feeling. They are some of the best of what was produced forty years ago. The appeal is still there because Judith Kerr's stories are classics, beautifully written and drawn. I'm confident that children in another forty years will still be enjoying reading about Mog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!, 4 Jun 2007
M. Wilkinson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
My little boy just loves this book. He loves it when we say 'Bother that cat' in a loud voice just like Mr and Mrs Thomas. A great story for our little boy. I've just bought him a whole load of other Mog books as he loves this one so much.

4.0 out of 5 stars very sweet story, 8 Mar 2014
This is a lovely sweet story for children or grandchildren, the illustrations are really lovely, I bought it to read to my grandchildren on my tablet however I found as my tablet is a small one is it a little difficult to read but probably great on larger Ipad type tablets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the most magical book to read to small people., 26 Oct 2001
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Hardcover)
I own a cat who is a circle. She has round eyes, very un-cat like. She is kind and very dim. Had I read the book 'Mog the Forgetful Cat' , before she was mine I would have named her Mog.She is now 14 years old. I discovered the 'Mog' books when she was one. I read them to her, and several children. As a teacher of English I can honestly say that these books are universal. Their value when you look in the eyes of a child listening to these stories is inestimable! I have introduced them to many children and adults over decades and they never fail to produce a magical response.I am very proud to have a cat who lives with me and is 'Mog' in all but name.(her name is Pearl)It's never too late to discover the magic of 'Mog' and I urge you all to do it now. Life is poorer without her.Had I had this cat sooner I would have written these books. Sadly she and I came 30 years too late.
Be aware of wonder - read 'Mog The Forgetful Cat' and all the other titles in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mog the magnificent!, 28 April 2005
Ginan Tonic (Shenfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
This is a lovely story. The pictures are great, "bother that cat" and the sudden loud meouws are picked up quickly by the young 'uns who love joining in with the tale, and Mog saving the day is wonderfully exciting. I had only experienced this lady's work in The Tiger Who Came To Tea before - a staunch favourite in our house, it has to be said - and was delighted to find such quality and fun repeated in this tale about Mog. Marvellous stuff - read it and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 30 Nov 2008
Free Spirit "shilo115" (North Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
A fellow parent once gave me some advice; "only read stories to your children that YOU enjoy....." That was great advice to give because children tend to like repetition and I would often be "stuck" on the same book for nights on end.

I love the Mog stories and I must admit, have fallen in love with Mog. This was the first book I purchased in the series and even now the boys are older (10 and 7) they still enjoy my reading it to them.

A classic book which I will keep forever!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mog is a hit!, 8 Mar 2009
Mr. Richard Avery (Salisbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
My 3 year old grandson loves this book. the text is simple enough for him to follow and he loves the clear illustrations. He likes the repetitive nature of some phrases and will always choose a Mog book before more modern stories. He does not seem to register that the illustrations are a little out of date, perhaps this is the meaning of the term 'timeless'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mog! fantastic!, 10 Dec 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Mog the Forgetful Cat (Paperback)
I am a student teacher. For our last assignment we had to think of fun story to link a set of activities to, which we felt the children would love... My first thought was my fave book from my childhood - mog! I love this book, and all the children seemed to as well!
Mog is a very forgetful cat who forgets everything from whether cats can fly or not, to if she has had her supper yet. Dispite having "Bother that cat!" constantly said to her, she ends up saving the day when she forgets how to use her cat flap, and spotting someone in the house desides to meow as loud as possible, disturbing a bugarlar. Once they all know what a great cat she is she gets her egg and a medal!
Great children's book. I would recommend to any one (of any age!)

Mog the Forgetful Cat
Mog the Forgetful Cat by Judith Kerr (Paperback - 7 Feb 2005)