5.0 out of 5 stars Night time fantasy beloved by my little girl
Published on 20 Sep 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit too random and abstract - not like other mog stories.
My 28 month old seems to like this story but I am not too keen on this one. Its a bit too random and particularly cheerful. I dont think it is suitable for younger toddlers and would suggest as the book recommends, young primary school children who can have the story explained a bit more to them.
Published 8 months ago by ph22

5.0 out of 5 stars Night time fantasy beloved by my little girl, 20 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Mog in the Dark (Paperback)
Mog is alone, in the dark, and starts imagining all sorts of things. Little birds turn big and nasty and sprout teeth, mice swell to ten times their normal size and chase Mog, rather than the other way around, and dogs develop an ability to climb trees. Mog's worries disappear after dozing off - but then the fun really starts! My two-year old adores this fantastic tale of strange flying creatures and "big Daddy mice", as she puts it - and is even learning to read through her love of the text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mog, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Mog in the Dark (Paperback)
brilliant book, highly recommend to any one with younger children, my daughters gran loves reading them to her as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the Mog series, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Mog in the Dark (Paperback)
I bought this as a present for my children as they love the Mog series, and I thought it would help with my daughter's fear of the dark. I was right. They absolutely love the story, and we read it together on a regular basis. My daughter is still a little afraid of the dark, but reading this book has helped her to realise that she doesn't really having anything to be afraid of.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mog in the classroom..., 8 April 2013
Ms. Kayleigh J. Nisbet "kay769" (Derbyshire, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog in the Dark (Paperback)
Another heartfelt, glorious read provided by author Judith Kerr. The children loved how Mog's silly, child-like imagination took them on an adventurous journey.It also allowed them to confront past incidents of when they felt scared, anxious, or uncertain about something. It also allowed children to be very vocal about what happens when we dream and what we dream about while we sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Mog in the Dark (Paperback)
Lovely item for children who enjoy these books, it was exactly what I wanted and my niece was very happy with her gift

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit more off-the-wall than other Mog books, 13 Jan 2013
G. King "gk100" (York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog in the Dark (Paperback)
This is another one of Judith Kerr's 'Mog' books. Almost all her stories feature someone having a mad dream (sometimes Mog, sometimes her people) but a large part of this book is Mog having a really quite surreal, extended dream about things which might go on in the dark.

I'd definitely recommend it to children who are five plus and have a rich imagination. But some young readers might find some of Mog's dream a bit scary. There are giant garden birds with teeth at one point and our five-year old daughter was definitely uneasy about them.

But it compares very well against some of the sanitised children's books of today and if you want to fire your child's imagination, this book will certainly help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mog goes on an acid trip, 1 July 2012
This review is from: Mog in the Dark (Paperback)
I have never taken LSD but my husband looked like a ghost after reading this book, saying it resembled one of his worst acid trips. It features giant tits with teeth (blue tits that is...), 'mousedogbirds' with multicoloured wings who try and pass themselves off as Mog's family, and ravening zoo animals. I am not joking.

Despite this it's kind of brilliant actually - I recommend it. My 2.5 year old adores it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surrealism for toddlers, 1 Jun 2014
C. Wolf "kw" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog in the Dark (Paperback)
I have no idea whether my son understands anything in this book, in which Mog falls to sleep in a tree and has a bad dream. Then she falls out and is rescued by Nicky and Debbie. He enjoys it a lot just the same, but is convinced that dogs can climb trees and that cats can fly. I can't decide whether this actually matters. The illustrations in Mog books are quite variable in quality and in this book they are indifferent in execution. However, I love the picture of birds with teeth. Completely mad!

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Mog!, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Mog in the Dark (Paperback)
This is a slightly weird story, but my three year old grandson loves it, and it helped us to talk about bad dreams. I have already read it to him many times, and I think there will be many more readings and discussions! As always with the Mog books, great pictures and stimulating text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood favourite, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Mog in the Dark (Paperback)
The second Mog book I've bought for a friend's little boy - he loves this one just as much as the first, I think.

Mog in the Dark
Mog in the Dark by Judith Kerr (Paperback - 3 Jan 2006)
5.24