5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful - but art not cartography
If you are a Tolkien collector, an admirer of John Howe's superb Middle Earth paintings or a lover of beautiful books, then you will love this. But be warned, if you want highly detailed maps of Middle Earth overlaid with route plans and information, then you will be dissapointed. If you want detail, instead buy Karen Wynn Fonstad's Atlas of Middle Earth or Barbara...
Published on 23 Nov 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars The Maps of Middle Earth Special Edition
Whilst the book is well presented and the maps are excellent quality and could be framed once folded out, I can't help but feel disappointed because I thought they did not quite live up to my expectations. The main map is fine but the two other maps are the ones I felt disappointed with. It is I think the lack of detail in these that disappointed me. However, I am...
Published on 3 Oct 2010 by R. Blanshard

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 29 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Maps of Tolkien's Middle-earth: Special Edition (Hardcover)
Got this for my father-in-law who is in to Lord of the Rings and he loved it. Spent hours looking through it when we first gave it to him and referenced back to it when he next read the books.... Very good!

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, not bad..., 4 Oct 2010
I've just received my copy and I'm not really stunned to be honest. The maps aren't new to Tolkien aficionados. However as Howe is most people's Tolkien illustrator of choice and Sibley's short texts bring a welcome additional dimension to the cannon of Tolkien commentaries, I'm quite happy to take possession of this exceedingly pleasantly presented publication although it is a truly modest work when compared to that of Wynn Fonstad hence only three stars and I'm probably being generous there because I'm such a ridiculous Tolkien fanatic and I feel anyone who makes a decent stab at elaborating on Tolkien's work is worthy of some praise.

ARRAY(0xa61121bc)

The Maps of Tolkien's Middle-earth: Special Edition
The Maps of Tolkien's Middle-earth: Special Edition by Brian Sibley (Hardcover - 15 Sep 2003)
25.00