on 12 January 2005
I have lived in Oxford for 3 years and know the city and it's surroundings reasonably well. I didn't buy this book for myself because I thought I would only have a quick passing interest in the aerial photos. However, I was given it for Christmas and have been fascinated by all areas, not just my own street.
It is interesting and fun just looking at areas that I know vaguely. The centre of the city, with all the colleges is at a very high resolution (1:1600 from memory), so you can see all the parts normally hidden from the public by high walls. Further out the resolution is lower (1:3200?), but still good enough to spot our house, car, even the garden hedge.
I surprised myself with how interesting I found this book, so I would recommend it to anyone who knows Oxford and is interested is in seeing it from another angle.