on 15 June 2002
If you are looking for a unique deck or a change from your usual Tarot deck then the Merlin Tarot is it. The opening card for this deck is The Moon and not The Fool as was expected. Whilst looking through the deck I realised that none of the Major Arcana was in it's usual place, eg. The Empress which is usually the third card in the Major Arcana has become the 19th card, The Emperor which is usually the fourth card has now become the 17th. The Minor Arcana is also not your usual Wands, Swords, Pentacles and Cups. The Minor Arcana is now made up of animals that live in that element, eg. Cups which is the element of Water has become Fishes and Swords which is Air has become Birds. Sounds complicated......well it's not. The paperback book that comes with the deck is very useful, helpful and informative. The book is well suited to a novice Tarot reader but does offer a few insights that even an experienced Tarot reader might not know. The art work on the cards is lovely and the images are very light and peaceful. I am glad to add such a lovely deck to my collection. Definately a deck to have in your collection.
on 14 September 2007
This one of my working Tarot I use and they are THE most beautiful cards, especially the Major Arcania cards. Certainly it "does not have the traditional "suits" of cups, wands etc. but instead has things such as "fish", so yes this wont suit beginners especially those who dont study the tarot and do not want to go outside the norm. I used to have bog standard Tarot cards and yes gave bog standard readings until they stopped working for me. Then I came upon The Merlin Tarot and then started to give amazing readings. They are what they are that is tools for your mediumship, psychicness etc so the Tarot themselves are not that important.What IS important though is that you feel comfortable with them and that they work for you. These work for me, yes maybe a personal choice but of the hundreds of people that I have given readings to they all love them so yes these are for me

Enjoy!
on 19 June 2002
The merlin Tarot is great for beginers and intermediet tarot readers, the illistrations are easy to interprit and it is an all round great deck to buy or even buy for someone else as a present. I have only been learning tarot for five months and this was one of the first decks i brought and they keep comming out time and time again!
on 13 October 2013
A friend recommended I try the Merlin tarot and I find it somewhat different from the usual version. A little more study is needed before I can really grasp it, so this is not really for a beginner. Nevertheless, it is a fascinating pack and, once I've had more time to study it properly, I will probably upgrade the marking as it probably deserves the full 5 stars!
on 30 September 2015
After using tarot cards for nearly 40 years this was an interesting addition to my collection. There is something very interesting about these cards, something very different. Not only do they look and feel good, the cards are displayed in such a way they should make a reader's mind really work and provide great results.
on 18 August 2010
Was very intersting and beautiful. But as a beginner i found it difficult to use. I kept it on my shelf for many years and opened the book many times to only read the first few pages.
on 28 December 2015
I thought this was the deck but is a book! although reading it is good, but makes me want the tarot too
on 16 October 2002
I couldn't work with this deck. It does not have the traditional "suits" of cups, wands etc. but instead has things such as "fish". Many of the cards are very boring with simple line drawings of, say, five fishes, on a blue background. I wasn't taken with this at all as it has no character and certainly very little in the way of Tarot imagery. As such, it's hopeless for beginners and will certainy confuse them as it's names etc. will not tie in with any Tarot book with which they are learning.
Poor quality.