5.0 out of 5 stars The best Spanish phrase book, 18 April 2006
S. Worthington (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Spanish Phrase Book and Dictionary (Phrasebook & Dictionary) (Paperback)
This tiny guide will fit into the smallest handbag but it packs much more in than the other phrase books I've acquired.

The bright colours and intuitive layout mean you can find pages quickly. The book has two lively colour photo sections with signs etc and food. Phrases are written in English, then Spanish, then in 'how-to-say-it' Spanglish.

This is the only phrasebook I've used which, when you use the dictionary (both Eng-Sp and Sp-Eng), you can find the word you need. And, if you are a little more advanced and want to try to use the correct verb forms, the short grammar section is very useful.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOK I HAVE FOUND, 23 July 2010
S. Titchmarsh (uk) - See all my reviews
Easy to find the sections and content on the pages. Even after going to Spanish classes you still forget or need a quick refresher/reference. I take it with me everywhere whilst in Spain and it is an excellant refresher before i go back to visit. It got so dog eared that i had to get a new one but it was a new edition - The older version is better in my opinion so i gave it to my boyfriend and purchased an old version! I have tried to find other books to fit my needs but none beat this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pocket guide, 6 July 2011
This is a really useful book when you are out and about in Spain and you don't have a good grasp of the language. The format is excellent combining and short dictionary (English to Spanish and Spanish to English) with a good list of useful phrases for common situations.
If like me, you spend a lot of time eating when you are in Spain, it's focus of food and menu translations is really helpful.

Collins Spanish Phrase Book and Dictionary (Phrasebook & Dictionary)
Used & New from: £0.01