Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

on 9 October 2008
This is an excellent book and a great starting point to find out what foor intolerance is all about. I have learnt a great deal and will be putting it into practice. There is a lot of reading but it is easy and very understandable. Would recommend
on 24 September 2012
This book really pays off if you bother to read it. It doesn't offer easy promises but I have found an enormous difference to my health since making the changes. My doctor was useless; this book offered me a bit of a lifeline, quite frankly. And the recipes are great.
on 30 January 2010
This book is a very comprehensive study of food intolerances and their causes.

I have found it very useful in understanding my own problems that result in IBS.

It pointed me in the right direction to making changes to improve my problems and the recipes have been well thought out with solutions to several of the products that cause the intolerance. For instance I cannot tolerate tomatoes which eliminates several foods such as pizza and tomato based pasta sauces. Antoinette has researched and found alternatives to make these dishes available to me.

In the end my intolerances may still be there but already after 1 month my IBS has improved and after 50 or so years that is something for which I am grateful.
The Food Intolerance Bible is an invaluable resource. Like many people, I was a little confused about the difference between food allergies and food intolerances. Many of the books I've read on these subjects use the words interchangeably. I know for a fact that I have some food allergies. As a child, I was thoroughly tested. Sure enough, if I ate enough a small quantity of those foods, my tongue immediately started to swell up and I started to gasp for breath. These early incidents were scary so I learned very quickly to stay well away from these foods.

Food intolerances are slightly different. The effects aren't always immediate or dramatic. Though careful watching of my body's reaction to certain foods, I was pretty sure that there were some foods in my regular diet (namely white flour, refined sugar, and chocolate) that were causing or exasperating problems such as abdominal pain, cramping, and depression. Unfortunately, these symptoms aren't always immediately noticeable so I tend to associate these foods with a feeling of comfort and increased energy.

The Food Intolerance Bible helped me gain an understanding of my body's reactions to certain foods. It also gave me an idea about what other conditions, illnesses, or body reactions could also be causing or adding to my problems. Now, I have a place to start.
on 20 March 2009
If you want a book with all the answers your going to be disapointed, ther is not one. The subject is confused by several types of intolerance, often interrelated. This book sets out the types, causes and actions for each. Bette still it contains simple tickbox quizzes to identify yout high scores to lead you to the most likely intoleance type(s). The recipes are not so good imo, but they are aimed at people who need to avoid everything. The chances are once you have read the book and followed a few of the tests etc you will be able to eat so much more, rendering the recipes not needed. If you are a US reader then YORK test = ELISA test, and the book will be just as good. If you are using the recipes you may need to translate some of the US food names BACK into English ;-)
on 23 September 2012
Found this to be an informative book which goes a long way to help identify an intolerance you might have. Recipes are interesting and tempting -tried a few and they proved easy to follow.
on 24 September 2012
A truly informative book, and one that has highlighted for me many areas that are easy to assist through diet. Clear and informative and easy suggestions with some very tempting and delicious recipe suggestions. I am a very delighted customer!
on 20 August 2015
Really didn't tell me any more than what you can get off the internet if you what your looking for. I found all the books that I got went on a bit. Its hard living with allergies and intolerances but if your like me all you want to know is what your allergic to and then avoid it
on 13 November 2013
This book is a decent introduction to the subject, but lacks scientific grounding. While there are references listed at the back, the claims made in the book should be directly referenced. It left me seeking a more thorough book on the subject.
on 30 September 2012
An excellent book to help people understand and evaluate their food allergies and the way they affect them. This book is useful to both the general public and therapists alike. Well written and laid out.