5.0 out of 5 stars What you hold in your mind is what you get in your life.
The essence of what Wayne Dyer tells us is that what you hold in your mind is what manifests in your life. It is does not require belief. It is simply a natural law that is already operating in your life. He tells us that what you really, really, really, really want you will get. This is not so new. Many people have brought this to our attention. What was enlightening...
Published on 22 May 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Promising but Disappointing
"Manifest Your Destiny" is much like a retread of Dyer's earlier works with some useful information repeated. I was disappointed to learn that Dyer takes credit for a moral fable that has appeared in other venues for a couple of decades now, and that being the tale of finding a number of fish on the beach and tossing them back into the water. A passerby...
Published on 6 Jun 1997

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical Spirituality Through Time Honored Principles, 17 Nov 1997
By A Customer
I know Wayne would want a ten, but sorry, buddy, no can do. The subject matter is current, the advice is practical, the anectdotes are sometimes believable and sometimes not...the author impliedly asks the reader to suspend belief. I have seen Dr. Dyer in person on over twenty occasions in seminars and public speaking when I lived in the Detroit area, so I am, naturally, a big fan. My concern with this book (as someone with a journalism undergrad degree) is that he does not provide attribution when quoting someone or "borrowing" a story or fable (another reviewer has said as much). An example: Henry Ford II, grandson of the Ford Motor Co. founder and a fine citizen of the Detroit area, used to get into a little trouble from time to time and when quizzed by the press about his latest moral infraction he would say "Never complain, never explain" as a rebuff to the curious press. Dr. Dyer is, as I am, a Detroit native and surely heard this from the "Deuce" as I did. The problem is he uses the quote in the book without citation, attribution, or anything else. If the book editors and publishers were aware prior to publication of violating this fundamentally sacred standard, they would doubtlessly have fixed the problem (and it IS a problem). The effect is to make the author appear a little more sagacious than might otherwise be possible. I imagine there are more examples, but my reading of this pleasant and practical book was rapid and I am not a professional editor. This one boo-boo (with others perhaps lurking awaiting discovery) bothered me becaause such an omission slights a late, great man who believed in an imploding city enough to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in its core. But then, by the premises establashed by this tome, if Wayne THINKS the quote is his...then it IS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 Mar 2010
I am very pleased with my item, it arrived throught the post in perfect condition, I love buying from Amazon.co.uk, i always from amazon because they sell some great stuff.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just doesn't work in practice!, 27 Mar 2007
J. Crewdson (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Manifest Your Destiny: The Nine Spiritual Principles for Getting Everything You Want (Hardcover)
Although I found this book to be relatively easy to read, Dyer's attitude is quite arrogant and forthright, pretty much the opposite to the state of living spiritually we are all supposed to be striving towards. He offers no evidence to back up his beliefs and has a tendancy to make some concepts overcomplicated.

As with every other book on manifesting, I practiced the advice of this book regularly but found it didn't work in practice. But as I have stated in other reviews, 10 years' experience of believing in this stuff and putting it into action has made me conclude that it is all misleading. All the positive thinking, meditating, affirmations, giving peace and love to others, thinking about your goals regularly each day and writing a plan - none of these have made any difference.

Authors like Tolle with his "The Power of Now" are excellent guides to finding a more peaceful and less egoic way to live, but 10 years on my conclusion for karma and the law of attraction is that is just doesn't exist. Either that or I am the exception to these so-called "spiritual laws".

Used & New from: 0.01