on 6 May 2004
I read this book and couldn't put it down! It reminded me at first of Harry Potter, but after about 20 pages it started to move so fast. Simon St. George barely has time to get to know his father before he's whisked away around the world to fight dragons! It's so exciting to have dragons in the modern world, in real places like big cities, and where most of the people don't even notice. And the personalities of the different dragons are so much fun. This is a great book for anyone who's ever had problems getting along with their dad, and a great book if you've ever wished that your life was more adventurous.
on 7 March 2007
The Saint of Dragons begins with a boy named Simon St George. He is at the Lighthouse School for boys and doesn't know his parents. One October evening he is kidnapped by his father and finds out that he comes from a long line of dragon hunters. Simon and his father set of on a quest to find and eliminate the remaining dragons on Earth. They are joined on their travels by a mysterious artist Alaythia who isn't all that she appears to be.

I think the character of Simon St George is very realistic and he acts like any other teenager. He is always getting things wrong and nearly always says the wrong thing. You can't help feeling sorry for him when his father, Aldric, shouts at him. The three of them are always arguing and spend a lot of time falling out. The relationship between them is always fun and never dull.

Its genre is fantasy/adventure and it is very convincing in the fact that it never stops and keeps throwing up more disasters. This book is engaging and once you start reading you won't want to put it down. It's not the kind of book to read if you want a good night's sleep.

This book is fast paced and you never spend too much time in one place. The author manages to throw at you then whisk you away to a different place. It is a real page turner and you really want to find out how it ends.

I think the author has tried to create a book that pleases the imagination and the reader. It takes you to a place where everything is different. I think he succeeded in creating a totally different world that is full of adventure and surprise.

I have read this book more than any other I know and every time I read it I still find my self lost in this other world. This is a book that will never loose its magic and will constantly compel you to read again.

I would recommend this book to anyone with an imagination and someone who is able to believe the unbelievable.

This book takes you to a whole new world where anything goes. It will keep you in shock from start to finish and doesn't wait to surprise you even more.
on 16 November 2005
I really loved this book! It was exciting and just fantastic. I admit, when i first started reading it i didn't really like it, but as the story line started to warm up i realised how great this really was! Read it!
on 8 January 2007
It's alright, However I really did find it quite boring, I just didn't get that thrill of reading I get out of other books or get attached to the characters. I wouldn't recomend at all. Don't waste your time reading it.