Format: PaperbackChange

on 28 January 2015
I am afraid I was quite disappointed in this book as I found the story line quite weak and the characters instantly forgettable. I am sorry I did not enjoy it as I have enjoyed other books by this author especially West End Girls and The Cupcake Cafe.
on 2 February 2015
I only gave this 4 stars because it's just not quite as good as her most recent ones.
I loved the storyline and setting as Scotland is such a magical place. It's a book full of laughs, love and tears which kept me entranced to the very end!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Having read the previous reviews before completing the book, I must admit to agreeing with them to a certain extent. However, once I'd finished reading, I thought Miss Colgan's book was a thumping good read. It's basically your formulaic 'chick lit' - single girl, no available decent blokes, best friend has dodgy lovelife, PR job etc etc, however, Colgan's quirky humour makes it an easy book to read and you often feel as though you're being amused by a quirky friend in the pub.
This is exactly the kind of book which will liven up any boring daily commute and you'll want to laugh out loud at some of the text. I particularly loved Miss Colgan's various references to 'Viz' characters - and there was me thinking that I was very much in the minority of female readers!
Great stuff!
on 21 March 2014
I love Jenny Colgans easy style and entertaining story lines. This is a the sort of read I look for on those wet winter weekends, when you want to stay indoors, fuelled by endless cups of tea and toast in front of the fire. Perfect!
on 12 September 2014
A typical Colgan chick lit for holiday reading by the pool. Brilliantly written and very funny - laugh-out-loud in parts! Couldn't put it down and highly recommend it to anyone wanting an easy, funny yet enthralling read.
on 3 November 2009
This book really makes you want to move to scottland and be a countrygirl!I read it all in one go and laughed out loud! (When actually I should have been working, picking up my kids and running a million errands :))
on 17 August 2014
This is a really nice story, different twist to normal romane stories, but quite lovely.
It was really unputdownable... Several times I fell asleep reading...
Just love the characters of. Jenny Colgan...
on 26 November 2013
I thought this book would be like the rest girl meets boy they fall out make up and all is right with the world well yes this book is like that but with a added interest so give it a go you will enjoy I promise.
on 21 November 2013
If you like Jenny Colgan this is just like all her other books. Easy to read, funny and very enjoyable. I took it on a trip to read on the plane and I couldn't stop reading it. I really enjoyed it.
on 25 August 2014
I have read and enjoyed other books by Jenny Colgan and this one is is vey much in the same category. A light-hearted chick-lit book as a change from my usual reading which is a bit heavier going.