4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book to have

3.0 out of 5 stars tommy walsh bathroom diy
Published on 27 Mar 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars tommy walsh bathroom diy, 27 Mar 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Tommy Walsh Bathroom DIY (Hardcover)
This is a good basic guide (and not American), but not comprehensive to fitting a bathroom, Far too many pages on what bathrooms look like (brochures are free), what tools look like and pictures of Tommy. It covers most subjects but from only one ideal aspect, any complications in your project would leave you with questions, experts invariably leave out the obviouse. And talking of experts this guide tells you to leave the tricky stuff like electrics to the experts! Whether you feel up to it or not that"s not a DIY guide. The world is not perfect and Its a shame you have to learn about tricky fittings and options in the shop and not in the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book to have, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Tommy Walsh Bathroom DIY (Hardcover)
Bought this book when we were deciding what to do about our own bathroom. I found it helpful as the book gives you a basic outline of how plumbing works, and gives advice on how to repair dripping taps, clear blockages, change a radiator as well as how to fit a bath, washbasin, tiling etc. Basically, it covers the installation and maintenance of a bathroom. As a DIY novice I had absolutely no intention of fitting a bath myself or doing anything 'ambitious' so I probably haven't made full use of the book. I was more interested in the tiling advice and a general overview of what the job entailed so the plumber couldn't rip us off.

I found the layout of the book very user friendly. It gives stage by stage directions of what to do with glossy illustrations. As another reviewer mentioned it does have rather a lot of pictures of bathrooms too - but as we needed inspiration for ours I found that quite useful.

I am quite sure you could fit a bathroom out using this book but I have mainly dipped into it since we had our bathroom fitted for repair and maintenance tips. It has certainly made me handier around the U bend and you know Tommy's advice can always be trusted. Would recommend.

Tommy Walsh Bathroom DIY
Tommy Walsh Bathroom DIY by Tommy Walsh (Hardcover - 16 Aug 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01