5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than a book on juicing
Published on 22 May 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars It worksl.
Nobody was more dubious than me. Don't be it works. I did the. 5 day programme lost 10 pounds. Weren't hungry did miss the act of eating. But felt great. Do it!
Published 1 month ago by Mrs. Josephine Macdonald

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than a book on juicing, 22 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Juice Master's Ultimate Fast Food: Discover the Power of Raw Juice (Paperback)
He goes by the name The Juice Master and there is no question he is the master at what he does. After reading his amazing first book, Slim 4 LIfe,I didn't think he could possibly do an equal follow-up - I'm pleased to say I was wrong. This book is a must for anyone wanting to get into juicing or just better health. The recipes are all delicious, but the real gem is the clear advice given on how to clean your juicer fast, how to set up your kitchen and all the info on how to prepare your fruits and veg for juice or blending. There is also the usual Juice Master humour and plenty of information that makes you think.
The way he explains things makes understanding even the most complicated of subjects easy.
I don't know what else to write other than - THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN JASON FOR AN AMAZING BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Juice Masters Slim4life: Freedom from the food trap, 20 May 2003
This is one of the best books on the subject I have ever read. In fact the only one that has ever really motivated me at all. I know what foods are bad for me and whats good for me, but when I am stressed and tired none of that matters, I want chocolate, or buns, or a G&T and the result is that I feel worse than ever. In an enjoyable, easy to understand way, without making you feel bad or guilty or feeling preached to Jason has helped me to understand exactly what is going on here and more importantly what to do about it. I don't need to lose weight but I do need more energy and to feel calmer. After just a week I feel better already, whilst undergoing a very stressful time, so I do know what I am talking about. I cannot recommend this book highly enough for anyone who has guilt about what they choose to eat and drink. I feel free, just like he promised. Try it, it works!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 21 Feb 2005
Rachael (Worcestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is such a great book. It starts off with what you would expect - juicing is great, look at the benefits etc, etc. Then it goes through each fruit and veg alphabetically, and gives it a thorough going over. What vits, mins and other nutrients are in there and how these chemicals can help in various ways. Not just the usually prevent a cold stuff but with diabetes, high blood pressure etc. Also what's useful is his tips on whether to juice or put in a blender so I've dug my blender out and it sits next to my juicer. The recipes are useful but really you don't need to follow a recipe just bung some fruit and/or veg in. I hate raw carrots but put in with apples, pears, a banana and ginger (all my juices have this in) I can't even tell a carrot's there! It is really worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets my juices flowing, 11 Jun 2003
Hurrah! I wanted a juice book and I got a revelation. Jason Vale talks common sense and with insight and humour. Have the entire human race got wool over their eyes? I was already appalled at what food manufacturers put into processed food, and advertising which "normalises" consumption of this stuff, but more so now I have read Fast Food For Life. Sunny Delight? More like Runny Fright! MacDonalds? Mystery food! How hilarious! I really wouldn't feed it to my dog. Jason hates diets, he doesn't tell you what to do, he simply makes you aware of how your are brainwashed by repetitive advertising (by being repetitive himself in the book to re-program your thinking). Do you know that for the few vitamins/nutrients that scientists manage to isolate in a single tomato, there are thousands of unidentified ones, so how can a vitamin pill possible offer you the nutrients that you need! How do you think most cancers are caused? Because we fill our bodies with dead food! Anyway, that's before I even got to the Juicing part.
So now I've graduated from plain old carrot and orange juice to drinking the juice of celery (!) beetroot (!!) and brussel sprouts (!!!) I highly recommend anyone who cares about their amazing body to give it the optimum fuel it needs to live it's life to the max. You lose weight, you have an abundance of energy, your skin clears, you feel more positive, if you read this book and think it's full of rubbish I would say you are just not evolved.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a really good juice book and I will tell you why, 8 Jan 2011
J. T. Staunton (Ireland) - See all my reviews
First of all I'd like to say I'm a nutrition student in my final year so this book would be what I'd consider very non sciency but it makes up for that in clear information that is inspiring and really puts you in the right frame of mind to juice and for those of us who went through juicing/smoothie making spurts before but inevitably stopped, it explains how to keep it going.

The main reasons people stop juicing other than CBA syndrome(Cant be arsed)is they don't like the juice they make, there juicer takes ages to clean or they packed it away in a cupboard and forgotten about it. So know your demons and read this book to make smoothie making a regular part of your diet. Im 3 weeks smoothie making 5 or more days a week and I can thank Jason Vale for that.

What I like about Jason Vales book in contrast to other juicing books is that Jason Vale is walking his talk and as a result knows what works well in smoothies and what works well in juicing. Its all fine and dandy to drink juices with the healthiest combinations but if you are gagging while drinking it you will lose interest so if you have time to read the book first its an enjoyable read which puts you in the right place to get going and keep going.

The book isn't in colour and has no picture recipes and also isn't spiral bound like another juice book which is handy to keep the page open on the table. Those are the downsides but they are far outweighed by the upsides.

5.0 out of 5 stars life enhancing, 10 Oct 2009
J. M. Fry (Wales) - See all my reviews
I cannot recommend the Jason Vale books highly enough. He has revolutionised my life and I feel 100% fitter, healthier and more energised. Even my arthritis has disappeared. I have changed my diet, lost weight and will never look back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Reading, 21 Aug 2003
This is the best book I have read on juicing. Jason Vale's no nonsense approach made this a very easy read & his humour towards the subject made me feel less intimidated when it came to trying some of his ideas. I was so impressed, I ordered his other book, straight away.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent choice, 7 April 2006
By A Customer
This book is invaluable and I have found it so useful. The juice recipes are delicious and this book is the ideal companion to 'Slim 4 Life, Freedom from the trap'. This book helps you to put into practice what you have read in 'Slim 4 Life'.
I highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking about trying the Jason Vale way of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, 22 Dec 2009
M. Smith (London) - See all my reviews
Jason has a great story to tell, a wonderful way of saying it and a terrific product - that said all of his books are roughly the same - as one would expect when the product is pretty definitive I guess.

I love this mans enthusiasm and the way he speaks, if you don't already own a Jason Juicing Book I would urge you to buy one but not the whole set!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 15 Aug 2011
I have read most of Jason's books. They are easy to read, and I know that Jason means what he says and lives the life. I read regularly and Juice every day, which has rid me of Psoriasis, Eczema and reduced my Colitis symptoms. I even quit drinking last month but thats another of his books! Thankyou Jason for my new, improved life!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›